A (bit of a) ride I did last week...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

a ride I did last week (i filmed it on the phone) - 1st time I've did this simply tried it for a laugh, and to see what I looked like on a bike sort of - as for the years Ive rode - never seen myself on film not tha i'm being egocentric just curious :biggrin:...though I felt a total jerk its a pity i never got the chase by a tractor prior to this section of film..some tractors can really move ! :ohmy:

Melvil

flippin' heck Yenners that countryside looks flat as...notice you have the tri-bars on the bike - you could get some pretty storming speeds in that neck of the woods, eh?

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

Interestingly, where I am I can have hills or flat (- in various directions)..this is the flat.

Melvil said:
flippin' heck Yenners that countryside looks flat as...notice you have the tri-bars on the bike - you could get some pretty storming speeds in that neck of the woods, eh?

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

It was quite ok and very happy that it was good considering I was off work :biggrin:

i'd love to film the chaingang if i had a helmet cam as thats under 2hrs but its late in the year most will be packing in...maybe next finances deciding...

Arch

Married to Night Train
Talking to a Dutch colleague at the weekend, I commented onthe flatness of Cambridgeshire. She said "This is not flat..." I gather Holland goes beyond-flat..

Yeah, here in York we can have flat one way and hills the other. Guess which way I always go....

Haitch

Flim Flormally
Arch said:
Talking to a Dutch colleague at the weekend, I commented on the flatness of Cambridgeshire. She said "This is not flat..." I gather Holland goes beyond-flat.

Parts of Holland are as flat as a billiard table, long straight roads, long straight canals and long straight rows of trees. If the sun isn't shining, bike rides can be a bit dull. Having said that, there are a couple of hills on my favourite loop that get as steep as 6% (woo!!). Cambridgeshire, or at least the bits of it that I've seen, has a gentle incline.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Had a friend who had lived in the Netherlands for a few years and he told me that the Dutch equivalent of the AA have a booklet to tell their members how to drive when 'abroad'.
Guidance included gems like: "change down a gear before you come to a hill", as the steepest hills they have are the approach/exit ramps on the motorways.

and to see what I looked like on a bike sort of
... it's always a bit scary, isn't it ???:biggrin:

Top Bottom