A bizarre incident on Saturday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sat waiting at traffic lights (on the upright, nopt the bent), car in front puts car into reverse and shunts back into me ( a deliberate reverse, slow and far enoguh distance for me to get mostly out of the way, and not to be just a wrong gear selection), I hop to the side so his bumper just shoves my rear pannier bag.

I shout, he stops, I go around him and sit in front in primary, as there is obviously a reason for him reversing and he wants to go back/turn around/not go through the junction, right?

Lights change, I go, so does he following behind

"What WAS all that about?" - rigid look straight ahead, ignore cyclist pretend he's not there

As one of Paul Whitehouse' characters might say - "how queer"

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Sat waiting at traffic lights (on the upright, nopt the bent), car in front puts car into reverse and shunts back into me ( a deliberate reverse, slow and far enoguh distance for me to get mostly out of the way, and not to be just a wrong gear selection), I hop to the side so his bumper just shoves my rear pannier bag.

I shout, he stops, I go around him and sit in front in primary, as there is obviously a reason for him reversing and he wants to go back/turn around/not go through the junction, right?

Lights change, I go, so does he following behind

"What WAS all that about?" - rigid look straight ahead, ignore cyclist pretend he's not there

As one of Paul Whitehouse' characters might say - "how queer"

I would have contacted the police immediately. He was using his car as a deadly weapon!

OP
OP
Sheffield_Tiger
I would have contacted the police immediately. He was using his car as a deadly weapon!

I don't think it was that .. not fast enough for a "ram" and there had been absolutely no interaction (not even passing) previously to spark an altercation

It just seemed completely random

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
I've tried peeing while sat on the saddle (too lazy to get off the bike), it seems to be physically impossible!

no, not tried it myself, but its common practice in such as Ironman races. Unfortunately there are some that get into the run stage and unwillingly take it to the next level (best not to be running downwind of them)

xx(

urinating on the boot handle is where its at :tongue:

Fully opening the rear kerbside door is better, especially if it is a single occupant.

They then have to stop, get out, walk round, close the door and return, get back in before they can drive off

Top Bottom