A blow for Rugby Union....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Do you think people are hoping to achieve this? You seem rather obsessed with the idea.
Obsessed ? It’s a central part of the discussion and the major cause of the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
This seems to be spreading.
More talk of footie players and ball-heading.
This from Rugby League

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...retires-at-27-due-to-concussions-rugby-league

Not an issue that's going-away fast....
When I played colt/club rugby mid ‘70s to early ‘90s, if anyone was concussed, they’d have to sit out any training and matches for six weeks.

Seems like this fella was very ill-advised to play again two weeks after his first concussion.:cursing:

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
When I played colt/club rugby mid ‘70s to early ‘90s, if anyone was concussed, they’d have to sit out any training and matches for six weeks.

Seems like this fella was very ill-advised to play again two weeks after his first concussion.:cursing:
It seems to have been the way. Plus it's manly and ruffty-tuffty to get back on and play again....

DRM

Guru
This seems to be spreading.
More talk of footie players and ball-heading.
This from Rugby League

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...retires-at-27-due-to-concussions-rugby-league

Not an issue that's going-away fast....
Absolutely gutted about this, though it’s no surprise, rumours were doing the rounds on Leeds Rhinos fan forum that Stevie Ward would be retiring before Xmas, and that the effects of concussion weren’t going away, he’s one talented player whose career has been blighted by injury.

Absolutely gutted about this, though it’s no surprise, rumours were doing the rounds on Leeds Rhinos fan forum that Stevie Ward would be retiring before Xmas, and that the effects of concussion weren’t going away, he’s one talented player whose career has been blighted by injury.
Leeds have had some terrible luck of late on and off the pitch. I welled up at Rob Burrow tribute by Kev Sinfield and such a sad sight seeing him have to turn away from Rob to avoid crying again after his amazing 7 in 7 days. Had some talented players have Leeds and miss the Morley days

Reactions: DRM

DRM

Guru

It’s not just that, he’s struggled with various injuries through the last few years, and was having mental health problems by not being able to play, and having had a bad run of injuries, all the while the team were struggling after the retirement of the previous “golden generation” of players who were sorely missed, he just wanted to get out there and do his bit, sadly the 2 concussions have had an appalling effect on him

Played till I was 58 but had to stop due to knee injury. Mostly hooker but i was brain dead before I started, so I won't be able to join the claim. Pitty always fancied a fat bike with Rohloff and front and rear racks.

I’m sure both know the dangers and risks in later life but they see the world differently
Are you sure they knew the risks? I think its only just coming to light recently. As in football. Although in the latter case it maybe due the much heavier leather football?

Top Bottom