A brief(s) question.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wheres_my_beard

Über Member
Any recommendations for non-padded commuter friendly briefs?

I don't want to wear full cycling shorts, as I would prefer not to have change after my short commute, and I often cycle to get my lunch. However, it seems all of my current briefs somehow manage to become insanely uncomfortably instantly when I cycle, either by bunching up or managing to get a seam in the one spot where they can cause most aggro.

HELP!

jonny jeez

Legendary Member

I don't want to wear full cycling shorts, as I would prefer not to have change after my short commute, and I often cycle to get my lunch. However, it seems all of my current briefs somehow manage to become insanely uncomfortably instantly when I cycle, either by bunching up or managing to get a seam in the one spot where they can cause most aggro.

HELP!

Commando?

failing that long jockey shorts (girls and boys alike)

but command is more fun

Strick

The trouble with going commando is catching your knackers in the chain. It does sting a bit.
On a serious note, I wear Sloggi's and dont tend to get any issues.

OP
OP
wheres_my_beard

wheres_my_beard

Über Member
I went commando once in non-cycling shorts and I ended up with my cock and balls hanging out of one of the legs.

I wear 3/4 length shorts, so this is unlikely to be a problem with me.

Strick, some of those Sloggi's look comfy. Maybe I need to be thinking of longer legged undies/ boxers.

D

Deleted member 1258

HELP!

I have been using these recently and I'm finding them very comfortable, I'm using them under unpadded shorts for 50-60 mile club rides, I notice the price has gone up a bit since I brought mine though.

http://www.bambooclo...oduct/MA705-BLK

These are comfortable as well but are baggy and can ride up

http://www.braintree...products_id=370

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
I run and cycle. Cycling, I tend for commando under padded lycra. Running was a bit of a problem though. Cotton might be OK most of the time, but when you're running etc it can get a bit..... moist? I also have a problem with boxers etc the legs always seem to bunch up, running or not.

About 6-12 months ago I was out for a trot and got talking to a mate. Turns out his clothing tip worked for me. Marks and Spencers.

They have a ranges microskin(?) and ultra-fit (?) that do the job. Not sure on their current range, as when I realised they worked I replaced a load of my old grundies.

Might be worth checking out?

GrasB

Veteran
If you're wanting un-padded then I've found that Calvin Klein 'Body Stretch' are very good. Err on the smaller size if you're border line, they have a % of lycra in them so they keep close to the skin without bunching etc.

Top Bottom