England : Cambridgeshire A Cambride road ride in July....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robjh

Legendary Member
I'm still watching this thread. I thought my weekend was going to be very busy but it may be less so now - I also need to trawl round Cambridge bike shops at some point.

Two questions
- are you still going for an ice-cream in Cambridge at the end, sometime around lunchtime?
- might your route be swinging south past Duxford at any point?

If the answer to either of these is yes then I may get out to see you guys, at least for a bit.

robjh

Legendary Member
I'm happy with the original plan, or heading south to pick up Rob along the way, there is a good hill between Ickleton and Catmere End, which is where my knowledge of the area ends!
Plenty of great (and lumpy) riding around there and I'm happy to lead the way, but it may be out of the way for some of the others. Or I could guide you round back towards Royston or Ashwell and points north where you're back to the west of Cambridge like you were planning.

But I'm a latecomer so don't feel you have to change for me if you have better ideas.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Not seen her since she and I met up with @Andrew_Culture for a ride in Peterborough. I hope she's OK.

I've not heard from her for a while.

robjh

Legendary Member
If you do fancy heading dahn sarf from Cambridge then I could put together a route with a café stop somewhere like Thaxted or Hare Street on a 50 to 60-ish mile circuit from town. Or on the other hand I could meet you at the ice-cream stop at the end, during my tour of the city's bike shops (I'll PM @Dave 123 with my mobile number if we go for that).

I'll wait and see what you guys decide.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I need to replace my FD cable, do I risk it? I have been known to mess up the simplest of tasks...
If it fails, then you can usually bodge the high limit screw to give you the second-smallest chainring if you need it. It does make shifting rather slow though :laugh:

I'm not sure if that's an argument for leaving it or having a go... on balance, I'd have a go because then you shouldn't be left trying to fish a snapped end out of a shifter.

Stephen C

Über Member
If it fails, then you can usually bodge the high limit screw to give you the second-smallest chainring if you need it. It does make shifting rather slow though :laugh:

I'm not sure if that's an argument for leaving it or having a go... on balance, I'd have a go because then you shouldn't be left trying to fish a snapped end out of a shifter.
There is nothing wrong with it, I just had a little difficulty installing a new FD and the end of the cable got a bit frayed and looks untidy. So "need" may be stretching the truth a bit!

Top Bottom