a cardboard helmet is safer than existing helmets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

musa

Über Member
I think your using the word safer completely wrong here perhaps strength and construction wise. How I see this is merely from the engineering side of things (being a student of engineering)

OP
OP
Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
I think your using the word safer completely wrong here perhaps strength and construction wise. How I see this is merely from the engineering side of things (being a student of engineering)
eh? the article says it all really. the design surpasses current helmets and is 5 times safer.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
eh? the article says it all really. the design surpasses current helmets and is 5 times safer.
The helmets we had in the 80's and 90's surpassed the current standards too. Funny how the manufacturers have so much say over the standards isn't it.

OP
OP
Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
The helmets we had in the 80's and 90's surpassed the current standards too. Funny how the manufacturers have so much say over the standards isn't it.
i thought snell was invented by the family of a person who died from head trauma?

but yeah your right to be cynical, it's a billion pound industry after all.

it's funny though how a picture of a cardboard jigsaw style helmet evokes a 'no way that's worth wearing' even tho it's claimed to be proven to be safer.

subaqua

What’s the point
i could claim to have a 12 inch knob. i haven't said what sort of knob though.

when its been independently tested by a reputable testing house then i might believe.

OP
OP
Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
it has, it was in an article in ctc.

OP
OP
Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
i think trading standards would have something to say. plus the british standards agency, have you read the research paper for your helmet?

would it be a research paper on testing to current standards?

for example i test electrical systems and issue cert's to say it's to bs7671.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom