a cardboard helmet is safer than existing helmets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

subaqua

What’s the point
how is that different to current helmets?

where did i say i trusted research on current helmets ?? you read things that ain't there .

all i said was i will beleive the research when its been done properly. and i still cant see a link to the research paper so i can read what they have to say.

OP
OP
Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
:wacko:
where did i say i trusted research on current helmets ?? you read things that ain't there .
i don't think i said you did. i asked why do you think it is any different to current helmet research, in regards to your point about who paid for the research.

subaqua

What’s the point
:wacko:
i don't think i said you did. i asked why do you think it is any different to current helmet research, in regards to your point about who paid for the research.

i don't think its any different, but they do at least make the research available to read online. draw your own conclusions from that

OP
OP
Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
i don't think its any different, but they do at least make the research available to read online. draw your own conclusions from that
i don't think they do, do they? there is plenty online about the method of testing, but for example i can't find any peer reviewed research papers on specialized helmets.

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
popcorn.gif

i thought snell was invented by the family of a person who died from head trauma?

but yeah your right to be cynical, it's a billion pound industry after a
it's funny though how a picture of a cardboard jigsaw style helmet evokes a 'no way that's worth wearing' even tho it's claimed to be proven to be safer.

The "God Standard" used to be Snell B95, there are no longer any cycle helmets that pass this test, Snell certified helmets tese days have passed the less stringent Snell B90

Being "Safer" than the UK required EN1078 is not difficult given the laughable weakness of the tests. In the US you would be prevented from many races if you wore a helmet tat only complied with EN1078 as they are deemed to offer too little protection.

PpPete

Legendary Member
The "God Standard" used to be Snell B95, there are no longer any cycle helmets that pass this test, Snell certified helmets tese days have passed the less stringent Snell B90

Being "Safer" than the UK required EN1078 is not difficult given the laughable weakness of the tests. In the US you would be prevented from many races if you wore a helmet tat only complied with EN1078 as they are deemed to offer too little protection.

I think you meant "gold standard"......?
Even a Snell B95 helmet would not provide divine protection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom