A cautionary tale of cheap lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This is not light related but I was using my rechargeable drill one day when there was an almighty loud bang with bits flying . I discovered that one of the batteries had blown up while I was using it. It was a shame as it had given me a lot of good service.
I am a bit cautious now using rechargeable drills. It wasn't half a loud bang!

Yes, my Y Fronts are hard word for a standard tumble drier.

Shame on you. I change mine every month whether I need to or not.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Hmmm just got these from Rutland in the sale...
nice lights...

1451390631218.jpg

SD1

The problem is that for an equivalent UK light like a Hope you can buy 5 or 10 Chinese cheapos so if one fails it is still vastly cheaper to go down the Chinese route and still have cash in your pocket.
True but I have one hope as a back up light with second generation NiMH batteries in it. It will never leak the batteries mean it will still be ready as a back up for at least six months. I will always have quality back up. If I was to start again I would not buy trailtech. The Chinese is so cheap AND good but not reliable enough for a long night ride.

classic33

Leg End Member
The Chinese is so cheap AND good but not reliable enough for a long night ride.
Why buy something who's reliability gives rise for concern & when are you you going to explain about charging in a tin?

Restricts airflow, which goes against everything regarding charging batteries.

SD1

Restricts airflow, which goes against everything regarding charging batteries.
A sweet tin restricts airflow? Seriously. If it catches fire in a metal sweet tin it less likely to burn your house down.
PS you could use a cake tin!!

albion

Guru
A sweet tin restricts airflow? Seriously. If it catches fire in a metal sweet tin it less likely to burn your house down.
PS you could use a cake tin!!

His roof blew off in the tornado.

Seriously though, a tin can also act as a heat sink

Top Bottom