A cheaper option? (Cx/Touring bike)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Only between 12 and 2 today remember. Got my click finger poised - I need some engine oil :smile:

OP
OP
nirurin

nirurin

Regular
Booked and paid for, though with a lot of soul searching I decided that the CX was not worth the extra money, to me anyway.

Instead I went for the Hybrid comp, £100 cheaper, and has better tyres for road use (and should be ok for the bumpy bits too). Flat bars though, but its what I'm used to anyway. Bar ends can be a christmas addition if I find I need them.

I used the extra £100 to buy a decent light set, and mudguards. £600 total, down to £540 thanks to Mike!

And then when I pick it up, I get another 10% off from britishcycling, and then another £40 off from work discount. Not too bad :smile:

Mike!

Guru
Don't think you'll be disappointed (assuming its setup well), never had the hybrid but it's well thought of by owners on here!

When do you collect it?

OP
OP
nirurin

nirurin

Regular
I dunno yet, it may be ready tomorrow, but I dont own an... appropriate car lol so I'll have to borrow one. So might have to tell them to hold it until monday haha.

OP
OP
nirurin

nirurin

Regular
well, its not out of riding distance (depending on weather), but its out of easy walking distance. No direct buses from where I live. I live in nowhereland lol.

Top Bottom