A close call

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HarSa43

Regular
First of all hi! Long time lurker first time poster as oddly enough this is my first ever close call. I used to cycle very often before my kids were born but this year i've bought myself another road bike (I always kept my MTB) and I've got back into it.
Anyway this was a short 45ish min ride and I was on an "estate" around my area as I had an hour's lunch break and today I was working from home in my opinion this car for me anyway got a little too close for comfort. It's the first time it's happened to me which I guess is a shock in itself as I read lot's of stories about close calls with other people.

Do you think this is worth a report? (I have the video saved)

Attachments

• IMG_1878.PNG
    IMG_1878.PNG
    278.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1879.PNG
    IMG_1879.PNG
    294.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1880.PNG
    IMG_1880.PNG
    263.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1881.PNG
    IMG_1881.PNG
    274.1 KB · Views: 12

Jody

Stubborn git
Do you think this is worth a report? (I have the video saved)

Definitely.

Clear as day who's driving and they should have stopped.

Reactions: C R
You could try reporting it - it'll only take a few minutes on the portal .
Yes they should have pulled over - the obstacle was on their side - but you could have slowed down a bit too ?

I'd rather avoid the situation rather than have to argue who or who wasn't right from a hospital bed or worse.

OP
OP
HarSa43

HarSa43

Regular
You could try reporting it - it'll only take a few minutes on the portal .
Yes they should have pulled over - the obstacle was on their side - but you could have slowed down a bit too ?

I'd rather avoid the situation rather than have to argue who or who wasn't right from a hospital bed or worse.

No I did a touch on the video but they didn't so just wanted some advice. I asked here as I thought reporting it was the right thing to do but the Police website says be prepared to go to court etc etc and in my opinion it's a bit worrying!

Joffey

Big Dosser
I'd report it 👍

Juliansou

A definite close call and ditto the above comments. Without the video it’s hard to tell, but the driver may argue they had already committed, in which case you would need to give them priority - a bit tenuous I know! Personally I would report; it may only result in a warning letter but still sends a shot across the bows.
welcome by the way👍🏻

tom73

Guru
Report it
Don't worry about the may have go to court bit you can ask for advice on here if you do get asked.
It's just a general disclaimer to cover all type of evidence submitted.

Jameshow

Veteran
Report it
Don't worry about the may have go to court bit you can ask for advice on here if you do get asked.
It's just a general disclaimer to cover all type of evidence submitted.

Like going through a red light before complaining about a close pass?!

Top Bottom