A close call

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PK99

Legendary Member
Ask yourself (if you drive a car) if I was driving the same road in a car, in this situation, would I slow right down or stop and wait for the way to be clear before driving on, or push on and see what happens? Cui bono?
Pretty sure the police would politely take your video, watch it and decide 'NFA'.
Give and take on residential roads like this is the way civilised society gets by. Once a car is 'committed' as is clear from the OP images, both parties will benefit from common sense and neither party adopting a sense of entitlement.

At last, a common sense and reasonable analysis. I agree.

The first image in the sequence is very clear:
The road is narrowed to one lane by the two parked vehicles.
The on-coming vehicle is in the narrowed, one lane section before the camera carrying vehicle.
The camera carrying vegicle should give way.

Imagine the roles reversed:
Cyclist coming toward the camera.
Car with dashboard cam heading forward.
Who should give way?

1670161948735.png

Jameshow

Veteran
Report it. This sad individual knew what he was doing & having a private plate on a dog 💩 Seat is laughable.

Not a bad car?!

classic33

Leg End Member
At last, a common sense and reasonable analysis. I agree.

The first image in the sequence is very clear:
The road is narrowed to one lane by the two parked vehicles.
The on-coming vehicle is in the narrowed, one lane section before the camera carrying vehicle.
The camera carrying vegicle should give way.

Imagine the roles reversed:
Cyclist coming toward the camera.
Car with dashboard cam heading forward.
Who should give way?

View attachment 670087
On four wheels, pedal power, I've been "told" by the driver of the car when i was in a similar position to the car(passing the second of three) in the picture, that I should have stopped behind the first parked car, to let him through.

When I passed the first car there was only one vehicle that was moving, mine. His was parked up, using the footpath as extra parking room.

Top Bottom