A Close Shave

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TVC

After finally getting fed up of the rising cost of razors coupled with their falling useability I have taken the plunge and bought a proper razor.

Just used it for the first time and it did pretty damn good job for only having a single blade, no lubristrip, no cushions, no balms, no swivels or balls, no guard wires and no endorsement by a footballer.

20161112_133024.jpg

The shaving companies have got themselves into an arms race of blade count and features that have gone hand in hand with escalating prices, for what should be a simple bit of kit for scraping the hairs off your face. Now I find that the cutting surfaces are so surrounded by unnecessary add ons that I can't actually get them anywhere near the hairs under my nostrils, below the earlobes and at the corners of my mouth, useless.

Today's shave took a little longer because I have had to learn the shape of my face and obviously with no swivel head I have had to practice getting the blade at the correct angle round all the awkward bits. In all though, no nicks, no razor burn and a most acceptable shave. I didn't use the soap stick as I want to take it one step at a time, though I'm certain I will be buying a shaving brush next time I am in Boots.

Amazon: Razor £8, Blades £10 for 100 inc soap stick.

I have seen the future, and it looks just like the past.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
What does @Lullabelle think ?

Reactions: TVC

Drago

Legendary Member
It does look like a nice bit of kit. What does it shave like compared to the plastic multi bladed GTi stuff?

I just grow a beard, every few weeks I wave once of the wifes disposable razors at the edges (the ones she uses to keep her bum crack smooth) at the edges to keep it tidy.

OP
OP
T

TVC

It does look like a nice bit of kit. What does it shave like compared to the plastic multi bladed GTi stuff?

I just grow a beard, every few weeks I wave once of the wifes disposable razors at the edges (the ones she uses to keep her bum crack smooth) at the edges to keep it tidy.
About the same and I'm sure I will get better at it, as I said, at least I can get into all the corners.

Lullabelle

Banana

midlife

Guru
I'm sure my dad had a camel hair brush to lather up with.... sounds odd in this day and age so just going to Google it :smile:

Shaun

D

Deleted member 26715

I bought a pack of 2 Bics mutli blade razors in the US in February still using the first 1 cost me about $4 if I remember, is this another example of Ripoff Britain? I had been using those orange Gillette Fusion ones that fit onto ones with a battery about £4 each but they only last 1 maybe 2 shaves.

Top Bottom