A considerate driver?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tradesecrets

magnatom said:
Is this lady driver considerate? Was I wrong to ask he to stop her overtake maneuver? Did she leave me enough of a gap after the lights? Does she actually understand what considerate means?

(Uses my new rear view MD80 camera. I need to find a place to put it that avoids my bag!)

I know that Road I recognise it That ain't the switchback road ??

Also had a glance at your daily commute video Epic , and Good tunage !!

OP
OP
M

magnatom

tradesecrets said:
I know that Road I recognise it That ain't the switchback road ??

Sort of. By that point is has just changed from Crow Road to Balshagray Avenue. Further back north of Anniesland Cross it is the Switchback.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

tradesecrets said:
When did Crow rd get re named ??

:smile: It's not been renamed, it's just that at the point where the incident happened it isn't Crow Road, it is Balshagray Avenue. Further north it becomes Crow Road, then (correction) after that it is Bearsden Road and then it becomes Switchback.

Crow Road does continue further north and south, but not as the main thoroughfare from Bearsden to the tunnel.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Magnatom
1. What's with the handsignal to prevent her overtaking? - just move right a little. These people don't have the guts to run you over.
2. Why get in to a conversation at the lights? What is it going to achieve? She's an idiot.
3. What does it matter that she's too near to your back wheel - there is nothing that you can do about it other than to gently slow down and let her past, reasoning that you can catch her at the next lights, if you've a mind to do so, and take a serious swipe at one or more body panels.

tradesecrets

magnatom said:
:thumbsup: It's not been renamed, it's just that at the point where the incident happened it isn't Crow Road, it is Balshagray Avenue. Further north it becomes Crow Road, then (correction) after that it is Bearsden Road and then it becomes Switchback.

Crow Road does continue further north and south, but not as the main thoroughfare from Bearsden to the tunnel.

Having seen your other video the one of you featured on the STV news ...

How many people actually sent you threat's just curious ?

And in the place you work did you happen to come under a lot of stick if not do you suspect they talk about you behind your back which am sure they do ..

Common practice 2facedness is in the workplace ..

And since your appearance on the News how much has your life changed if any at all have you experienced anything Negative thus far ..

tradesecrets

dellzeqq said:
Magnatom
1. What's with the handsignal to prevent her overtaking? - just move right a little. These people don't have the guts to run you over.
2. Why get in to a conversation at the lights? What is it going to achieve? She's an idiot.
3. What does it matter that she's too near to your back wheel - there is nothing that you can do about it other than to gently slow down and let her past, reasoning that you can catch her at the next lights, if you've a mind to do so, and take a serious swipe at one or more body panels.

Word ...

thomas

the tank engine
dellzeqq said:
Magnatom

I kind of agree. If you were more in the middle of the lane it would hopefully have been stopped.

I think if you hadn't of had the conversation at the lights you wouldn't of had the other problems. The conversation at the lights didn't actually achieve anything from what I can tell.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
dellzeqq said:
Magnatom
They might not have the guts, but they probably don't have the control, anticipation or awareness not to run maggers over (apologies for the double-negative!) I'm not arguing about moving into the centre, but I also wouldn't trust her not to attempt the overtake anyway. Some people are just bad drivers. Not malicious, not fast, not impatient, just unable to operate are car beyond the basics of pressing the pedals and pointing the thing vaguely in the direction they want to go. My mother-in-law drives like this. Any scenario outside of a very narrow range of 'the ordinary' has her making unpredictable, irrational and sometimes scary manoeuvres. She's allowed to do this because 30-odd years ago she fluked a 40 minute test that didn't even start to address the skills necessary to drive safely.
dellzeqq said:
Agree totally with this. I've given up on entering a critical dialogue with drivers. If the state can't be bothered to assess whether they're properly fit to drive, they're not going to listen to me.

dellzeqq said:
3. What does it matter that she's too near to your back wheel - there is nothing that you can do about it other than to gently slow down and let her past, reasoning that you can catch her at the next lights,
See above.

dellzeqq said:
if you've a mind to do so, and take a serious swipe at one or more body panels.
That sort of aggressive behaviour is frowned upon in Glasgow.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

dellzeqq said:
Magnatom

1. Bollo hit the nail on the head. Anyway I wasn't actually far of centre, probably between secondary and primary. I find on this road that this is a good comprimise between irritating drivers (shouldn't be an issue, but in reality it is) and preventing overtakes. Position in this instance probably didn't make a huge difference. As has been pointed out earlier, there was space to her right, and she had used some of it, it was the space she was going to use to pull in front of me that was a problem.

2. I just wanted to indicate that there was not space for the overtake, otherwise the driver would not have known why I asked her to hang back. There was no argument, quite polite I thought. She actually started the conversation by winding her window down.

3. Note the wet road surface and diesel spills. I do actually slow down. However, I am rightly concerned at how close she is. In this situation, I'd rather keep an eye on her, wouldn't you?

OP
OP
M

magnatom

tradesecrets said:
Having seen your other video the one of you featured on the STV news ...

How many people actually sent you threat's just curious ?

And in the place you work did you happen to come under a lot of stick if not do you suspect they talk about you behind your back which am sure they do ..

Common practice 2facedness is in the workplace ..

And since your appearance on the News how much has your life changed if any at all have you experienced anything Negative thus far ..

;)

Quite a fair few sent me threat, and some through personal messages. The police were involved.

The prof in my department cycles, he had a friend killed by being doored. A good few other members of my department cycle and understand why I do what I do. I certainly get no stick to my face, in fact quite a few people have commended me on what I do. What people say behind my back is absolutely no concern of mine. I couldn't care less. Not into small minded office tittal tattle myself. Anyway, there are more gossip worthy people in my place of work than me!;)

My life has changed considerably since my TV appearance. I now have an extra child, with one other on the way, I have some very exciting developments at work, I am buying a new house. What that has to do with my TV appearance, I'm not sure!:blush::laugh:

Glow worm

Legendary Member
magnatom said:
;)

My life has changed considerably since my TV appearance. I now have an extra child, with one other on the way, I have some very exciting developments at work, I am buying a new house. What that has to do with my TV appearance, I'm not sure!:blush:;)

Console yourself that the dozy bint will probably die a premature death from being yet another exercise free fatty. I don't think I'd have bothered with any dialogue (as Bollo said the silly cow is unlikely to be capable of benefitting from your advice).

The important thing is what you said in the last paragraph- your commute looks hideous in terms of potential for cager muppetry- just be careful (I'm sure you are- a bit fast for me though!) and remember what/ who is really important in life (and not some infantile silly lard arse in a cage!)

WeeE

Apart from everything else, wasn't she awful close to lights/crossing anyway, to be trying to overtake? Even if she had been able cut in front of you without whacking you, it looks like she'd have been on the crossing zig-zags by the time the manouevre completed. I'm still learning the Highway Code, but...isn't that a teensy bit illegal?

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
WeeE said:
Apart from everything else, wasn't she awful close to lights/crossing anyway, to be trying to overtake? Even if she had been able cut in front of you without whacking you, it looks like she'd have been on the crossing zig-zags by the time the manouevre completed. I'm still learning the Highway Code, but...isn't that a teensy bit illegal?
No, it's blatantly illegal (as I learnt recently from a posting of a video I made)... but since when does that stop anyone? :wahhey:

Glow worm said:
The important thing is what you said in the last paragraph- your commute looks hideous in terms of potential for cager muppetry- just be careful (I'm sure you are- a bit fast for me though!) and remember what/ who is really important in life (and not some infantile silly lard arse in a cage!)
Mags... you've finally done it!! Someone has called you fast! :wahhey::biggrin:;)

Top Bottom