A conundrum

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Speicher said:
I apologise to Pete, I should have followed Melvil's excellent example and just put in one or two answers, leaving other people to guess for longer. I very rarely "Twig" these things so quickly. In my defence, my competitive nature just got the better of me. Sorry if I spoilt it for you.

To make a small amend, I thought I would put this one in.

I have an elderly relative, let's call her Aunt Betty. t.:tongue:

Are you keeping her real identity anonymous- if so, why?:blush:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Speicher said:
I apologise to Pete, I should have followed Melvil's excellent example and just put in one or two answers, leaving other people to guess for longer. I very rarely "Twig" these things so quickly. In my defence, my competitive nature just got the better of me. Sorry if I spoilt it for you.

To make a small amend, I thought I would put this one in.

I have an elderly relative, let's call her Aunt Betty. t.:biggrin:

Are you keeping her real identity anonymous- if so, why?;)

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Well, Papercorn, she could have bought a yacht, but where would she put it? Pete, yes she bought a yo-yo. What was next, yes I think you've got it.:tongue:

Just in case you are wondering, I thought this one up myself, :blush: at about two am this morning.:biggrin: It is a variation of a "party" game, depends what sort of parties you go to I suppose. Where about four or five people sit on chairs in a row in front of the audience and have to do the actions about what she bought, bicycle, sewing machine, wind-up record player etc etc. I tried to think of a way to do it without visual "clues". I thought if I added the bit about the reason for her buying it, then that would "muddy" the waters a bit. Perhaps it would be much harder if done verbally, easier with the clues written down.

I am in the process of devising another one. But that may take a bit longer. (No I am not working at the moment, and have a lot of time at home on my own). Aaaahhhh!

Joking apart, this forum, and Cafe help me to feel a lot less isolated.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Well, Papercorn, she could have bought a yacht, but where would she put it? Pete, yes she bought a yo-yo. What was next, yes I think you've got it.:biggrin:

Just in case you are wondering, I thought this one up myself, ;) at about two am this morning.:biggrin: It is a variation of a "party" game, depends what sort of parties you go to I suppose. Where about four or five people sit on chairs in a row in front of the audience and have to do the actions about what she bought, bicycle, sewing machine, wind-up record player etc etc. I tried to think of a way to do it without visual "clues". I thought if I added the bit about the reason for her buying it, then that would "muddy" the waters a bit. Perhaps it would be much harder if done verbally, easier with the clues written down.

I am in the process of devising another one. But that may take a bit longer. (No I am not working at the moment, and have a lot of time at home on my own). Aaaahhhh!

OP
OP
P

Pete

If I 'got it', it was purely by accident, but now you've explained it - well the next in line could be a camera - or a concertina - or a 'cello*?

*come to think of it, the vision of Great Aunt Betty miming a cello is not an alluring prospect!

OP
OP
P

Pete

If I 'got it', it was purely by accident, but now you've explained it - well the next in line could be a camera - or a concertina - or a 'cello*?

*come to think of it, the vision of Great Aunt Betty miming a cello is not an alluring prospect!

Tetedelacourse

I've got one.

One day, Great Aunt Betty decided to go on holiday. The morning after she arrived, she went for a walk in the vicinity of her hotel, and saw, amongst other things, the Eiffel Tower, the Arc De Triomphe, the Louvre, the Champs Elysses and a big sign saying "Bienvenue a Paris".

Where did Great Aunt Betty go on holiday?

Sorry, couldn't resist:biggrin:. Have been embittered by planes on treadmills and ducks. Hey plane on treadmill-gate was about a year ago! Can we have it again?

Tetedelacourse

I've got one.

One day, Great Aunt Betty decided to go on holiday. The morning after she arrived, she went for a walk in the vicinity of her hotel, and saw, amongst other things, the Eiffel Tower, the Arc De Triomphe, the Louvre, the Champs Elysses and a big sign saying "Bienvenue a Paris".

Sorry, couldn't resist:biggrin:. Have been embittered by planes on treadmills and ducks. Hey plane on treadmill-gate was about a year ago! Can we have it again?

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Tetedelacourse said:
I've got one.

The treadmill one still makes my head ache!!;):biggrin:!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Tetedelacourse said:
I've got one.

The treadmill one still makes my head ache!!:blush::tongue:!

domtyler

Über Member
Speicher said:
Well, Papercorn, she could have bought a yacht, but where would she put it? Pete, yes she bought a yo-yo. What was next, yes I think you've got it.:biggrin:

Just in case you are wondering, I thought this one up myself, ;) at about two am this morning.:biggrin: It is a variation of a "party" game, depends what sort of parties you go to I suppose. Where about four or five people sit on chairs in a row in front of the audience and have to do the actions about what she bought, bicycle, sewing machine, wind-up record player etc etc. I tried to think of a way to do it without visual "clues". I thought if I added the bit about the reason for her buying it, then that would "muddy" the waters a bit. Perhaps it would be much harder if done verbally, easier with the clues written down.

Speicher, when are you going to find out about the next party? You have got to get me on the guest list.

:biggrin::biggrin:;)

domtyler

Über Member
Speicher said:

Just in case you are wondering, I thought this one up myself, :blush: at about two am this morning.:sad: It is a variation of a "party" game, depends what sort of parties you go to I suppose. Where about four or five people sit on chairs in a row in front of the audience and have to do the actions about what she bought, bicycle, sewing machine, wind-up record player etc etc. I tried to think of a way to do it without visual "clues". I thought if I added the bit about the reason for her buying it, then that would "muddy" the waters a bit. Perhaps it would be much harder if done verbally, easier with the clues written down.

Speicher, when are you going to find out about the next party? You have got to get me on the guest list.

:tongue::biggrin:;)

OP
OP
P

Pete

Tetedelacourse said:
I've got one.

Well, seeing as she uses a Zimmer frame (see above), she couldn't possibly have walked to all those places in the real Paris, in the course of a single morning. So I'm still guessing.

Didn't know about the plane-on-treadmill, but just googled it and it seems pretty obvious to me. Don't know what 'ducks' puzzle you are on about either, but it may be the same as the 'pigeons' puzzle I heard years ago:

A man is driving a truckload of live pigeons, packed into large cages loaded into the back of a solid-sided truck. He reaches a weak bridge. He figures that the combined weight of the truck, the cages, and the pigeons, is too much for the bridge, but minus the weight of the pigeons he is OK, so he bangs on the side of the truck to startle the pigeons and make them take to the air, until he is safely across.

Is he right? And would it make a difference, if the truck were open-sided?

Top Bottom