A Couple of observations on tonights ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

" Oh mate...you've left your indicator on!"

" F*%ing hell what has he got on his 'ead!"

"Get off and push !"

"It ain't christmas yet you know!"

Essex Chav's don't you just love them!

I was wearing a night vision jacket and had a torch on my helmet as well as two front lights and two rear lights (one of each set to flashing mode)

...and these were jus tthe pedestrians...lord knows what was being muttered behind windscreens in the dark:biggrin:

Roughly translated, all those comments say " Cor, I wish I could get my ars* in gear and do something like that - looks like a bit of fun but I'm too unfit/thick/idle - but until that time I'd better continue in tosser mode..."

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

I dont mind some of the comments...actually the Christmas line was delivered by a kid (maybe 8 or 9) on a skateboard outside the off licence and yes it was pretty origional.

However the bulk of uninvited comments come from the 'losers' out there, of which there are many unfortunately. Honestly, sometimes you'd be forgiven for thinking that they had never seen a bicycle in their pathetic lives.

I seea lot of cyclists (usually Mtb'rs) out at night without proper lights or reflective kit...it's bloody madness if you ask me and I sometimes wonder if they are intimidated into risking their lives in that manner by idiot comments from plebs....Me...I want to live, so i say B%ll*cks to them and just ge ton with it in glorious technocolour:biggrin:

The only acceptable response to such comments is to beat the feckers to a bloody pulp with your pump ignore them.

You want to try being a female cyclist: it brings a whole new dimension to 'unwanted and unwelcome comments' when you're riding along minding your own business. When I lived in Brum I stopped riding out to the lanes from my house, and driving there instead to start my ride, I got so sick of it. People would ignore the guys I was riding with and concentrate on lewd comments aimed purely at me and any other female I happened to be with.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
When I was a kid, we used to shout "Get off and milk it".
:rolleyes::rolleyes: But we all rode bikes ourselves. Guess its just a kid thing (but its more widespread, with older oiks joining in, and deffo less respect for elders etc etc

Top Bottom