A (Covid) virus question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Oh forgot to say. All members had their temperatures taken and masks were compulsory every where unless they were exercising. And then they were spaced out we had good ventilation.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Love this talk of work bubbles when all the people in the bubble probably have partners kids at home whom they don’t socially distance from. Then partners go work at other places in other so called bubbles. Rendering the bubble somewhat bigger than stated.

With an 18 person 'bubble' at work - that could easily be 50 people with families and even more if you count their support bubbles.

What's the occurrence in the population now - 1 in 100 or so ?

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
Or in our case, my wife goes out to work risking herself and exposing herself to the virus everyday where as I sit at home behind a desk and don’t go out. When she gets in, clothes are off and she is showered and changed before we even have a kiss or two.

So yes, she could catch Covid and I might not.

It's a respiratory virus, it doesn't matter if she changes and showers, the virus will be transmitted via the upper respiratory tract, which includes your mouth. If you are going to catch it you will get it from the kiss, not from her jumper. Getting changed and showering is a pointless if you are kissing.

D

Deleted member 26715

It's a respiratory virus, it doesn't matter if she changes and showers, the virus will be transmitted via the upper respiratory tract, which includes your mouth. If you are going to catch it you will get it from the kiss, not from her jumper. Getting changed and showering is a pointless if you are kissing.
Our neighbour across the road's daughter & husband self isolated for 3 weeks as she was expecting a call to go into hospital. Their daughter even moved out of the house as she was still going to work, neither of them left the house in that 3 week period, all provisions were dropped on the doorstep & nobody ever came within 3 metres of them, yet they both managed to contract it.

Our neighbour across the road's daughter & husband self isolated for 3 weeks as she was expecting a call to go into hospital. Their daughter even moved out of the house as she was still going to work, neither of them left the house in that 3 week period, all provisions were dropped on the doorstep & nobody ever came within 3 metres of them, yet they both managed to contract it.
That’s why if you are clinically vulnerable you should anti bac all your food shopping deliveries before putting it away.

Craig the cyclist

Über Member

My point is that there is no point and getting showered and changed, then snogging someone.

My son's workplace have absolutely minimal staff in their office. He has to go in maybe a half day each week to do things he can't do at home. It's an almost deserted office but they're now sending him Covid tests to take before he goes in.

And yet some places are like the DVLA with 1 in 12 having had the virus or Landsurfer and his 18 people "bubble".

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
I'd disagree - take each risk on its own merits.

(plus we don't know that this couple *do* kiss regularly!)

That's ok, you can disagree. You would be wrong though, otherwise we would be wearing paper suits as well as face masks.

There is no point in having a shower then snogging, just get on with the snogging and have a shower together would be my advice.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Love this talk of work bubbles when all the people in the bubble probably have partners kids at home whom they don’t socially distance from. Then partners go work at other places in other so called bubbles. Rendering the bubble somewhat bigger than stated.
indeed
we are covid secure according to their blurb,reality is you cant social distance and the time for sanitization just means they carry on building to get ahead

Top Bottom