A cycling forum?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Mmm imagine not understanding the concept of raising awareness, and keeping an issue more at the front of people's minds.

Ending violence against women that is...

Oh well at least it reminds the gals not to go and

"Get themselves murdered*"

- * Yup actually a phrase used on these boards.

And you thought that it was OK to be offensive ?

You don't think we're all a bit responsible for creating the society we live in ?

Part of which includes what we post.

It's interesting because, a lot of the time you seem genuinely curious about these new-to-you ideas.

Other times not so much.

Oh well, we're all a bit inconsistent at times, that's humanity for you.
If the Idea's or views I hear make me think about something then I'm open to change, If however I think my perception of the topic is correct then I'm happy with my view.

Inconsistency is never an issue in my mind, only others.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Of course, a cycling forum is just the place to do that, especially in a way that seems to be alienating people. :okay:

Yes, It was a mild joke, made in reference to your post about research.

I'm sorry if my post offended you in any way.

I know, pics of men on bikes can be controversial.

TBH I wasn't at all convinced by that cape in such windy coastal weather either.

But he seemed to be managing.

Some people just seem to looking for reasons to be alienated don't they ??

Yes, It was a mild joke, made in reference to your post about research.

I'm sorry if my post offended you in any way.

I know, pics of men on bikes can be controversial.

TBH I wasn't at all convinced by that cape in such windy coastal weather either.

But he seemed to be managing.

Some people just seem to looking for reasons to be alienated don't they ??

Rather odd that assume offence was taken. It says quite a bit more about your mind set than mine.

It's often said that those with the least to say, tend to use the most words to do it.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
I'm not entirely sure.
Thanks.

I mean, there's a choice here. You don't have to respond to a woman doing or saying something about male violence against women by posting an irrelevant knee-jerk response that has illustrates nothing beyond the desire to get a word in. You could just say nothing. Also see winjim's advice just upthread.

If the Idea's or views I hear make me think about something then I'm open to change, If however I think my perception of the topic is correct then I'm happy with my view.

Inconsistency is never an issue in my mind, only others.

It's little to do with discussion or being informative for some people. There are a small number that just seem to pompously assume they know better, and patronise other people, while dogmatically refusing to consider that others may be pointing out flaws in their rationale, but still desire the same end goals.

Silencing other views seems to be the goal of a vociferous minority. It's quite dull really.

Thanks.

I mean, there's a choice here. You don't have to respond to a woman doing or saying something about male violence against women by posting an irrelevant knee-jerk response that has illustrates nothing beyond the desire to get a word in. You could just say nothing. Also see winjim's advice just upthread.
Be an interesting thread though wouldn't it?

" I think this"

"You're right"

"You're right"

"You're right"

etc, etc.

Post all you like but changing a picture on some obscure Cycling forum for an audience of about a Dozen isn't really going to do a fat lot is it?

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Rather odd that assume offence was taken. It says quite a bit more about your mind set than mine.

It's often said that those with the least to say, tend to use the most words to do it.

It was the bit about alienation that made me think that offence had been taken.

The 'most words' thing is a fine riposte in some cases.

At others though, a nuanced response requires more words.

See any number of long articles, and books doing complex analysis. :okay:

It's easy to be simplistic, and dismissive in very few words.

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic

Agreed.

I think you're stretching things way too far to try to associate your posts with complex academic works.

That, and your assumption regarding 'alienation' again says far more about you than I suspect you'd prefer, or even realise.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I think you're stretching things way too far to try to associate your posts with complex academic works.

That, and your assumption regarding 'alienation' again says far more about you than I suspect you'd prefer, or even realise.

So we have a word limit, per post now?
I didn't get that memo.

You used the word 'alienation' or even assumed that others were experiencing it, I just responded to it.

I'm not even sure what you think anyone is being 'alienated' from.

'The cause' of not being offensive ??

winjim

Smash the cistern
Thanks.

Wil Wheaton's advice, not mine. But it is wonderfully succinct, wouldn't you say?

So we have a word limit, per post now?
I didn't get that memo.

You used the word 'alienation' or even assumed that others were experiencing it, I just responded to it.

I'm not even sure what you think anyone is being 'alienated' from.

'The cause' of not being offensive ??

That's a very, very poor attempt at deflection, and adds more to the revelations that I suspect you'd prefer were in the background.

Top Bottom