A cycling forum?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Cycling? Really? I take my share of the blame for this recently, but it's interesting to note that 7 out of the 8 "trending" threads just now are in the News and Current Affairs board.
Just saying..... :ohmy:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Its still winter and I am still injured. Cycling is not top of my list at the moment 😁

It is a clear change. What was once a moribund folder has come alive. Not only that, there is a clear spectrum of views.

A welcome change. We should take the opportunity to tackle what was once taboo or politically incorrect. Throw light on misconceptions and get a better understanding.

And keep on cycling. Despite attention drawn towards Mohammed and the proverbial mountain yesterday, manage to overhaul the bottom bracket.

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
It is a clear change. What was once a moribund folder has come alive. Not only that, there is a clear spectrum of views.

A welcome change. We should take the opportunity to tackle what was once taboo or politically incorrect. Throw light on misconceptions and get a better understanding.

And keep on cycling. Despite attention drawn towards Mohammed and the proverbial mountain yesterday, manage to overhaul the bottom bracket.
Sorry, but we're only a handful of cyclists in a small forum in a tiny corner of the internet. So despite the attempts of those few who think they are somehow going to educate and enlighten us by posting the same stuff over and over again, it's wasted energy. It won't change a thing.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Cycling? Really? I take my share of the blame for this recently, but it's interesting to note that 7 out of the 8 "trending" threads just now are in the News and Current Affairs board.
Just saying..... :ohmy:

View attachment 580771
Cyclists (and some ex cyclists by all accounts) chatting.

Cycle chat - see ??

Not that difficult.

Some of us have been sitting on a bicycle and pushing pedals round for a loooong time now.

So discussing just that, and the apparatus used to do it, gets a teensy bit samey after a while.

Unless a troublesome mechanical problem arises, in which case...

However, the myriad types of human beans doing the cycling, their thoughts, political outlook, experiences, hopes, dreams, fears, sources of joy, life conundrums, and other facets of being a human seem to be more fascinating to many of us, than merely turning cranks.

Takes all sorts, to make a cycling community, right ?

"Just saying"

I'm sorry I've got very few photos of me on a bike - not quite got into the selfie-whilst-riding thing yet - and no aspirations to be 'the greatest cyclist' either :rolleyes:.

Taken by my son, this is not my bike.

Sorry, but we're only a handful of cyclists in a small forum in a tiny corner of the internet. So despite the attempts of those few who think they are somehow going to educate and enlighten us by posting the same stuff over and over again, it's wasted energy. It won't change a thing.
yep this is what is so bizarre - with regard to some, and particularly for the nastier ones.
The only answer lies in their personal needs I think.
For if they are campaigning with rewards on a results basis they sure aren't going to be getting many points from the org/cause.
Luckily you can learn stuff from what is now a broader pool and it has got better of late I think.

Last edited:

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
It's a reasonable point. I sometimes dip in to NACA briefly but try to keep it to an absolute minimum, it's the only part of CC where you'll really find anything divisive, inciteful or nasty / personal. Plenty of that in there, if it's what you like.
It's good to have in a way though. What's most notable about it is that a very small handful of regular NACA haunters don't ever trouble the cycling or other bits of the forum, so it's clear they're here for conflict only. I'm not even sure one or two of them ever ride a bike.

I think life on CC is far more enjoyable when you focus on everything except NACA. I get a real lift from reading people's rides, seeing their bikes next to bus stops or whatever, and seeing new members being helped with their punctures. The NACA stuff I can take or leave, usually the latter.

Last edited:

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
You'll find more Facebook 'Mas and Das' escaping on to forums with their take on things...
why listen to the scientists etc when Facebook Das(and Mas) are about..

they should hang about social media with the rest of their crackpot mates..

I get a real lift from reading people's rides, seeing their bikes next to bus stops or whatever, and seeing new members being helped with their punctures.
:smile:
Yep the bus stops etc things could seem sadly nerdy to many but to me they are about the joy of being out and about on the bike and taking time to notice stuff in your environment - stuff you wouldn't notice in a car. Simple community pleasures. As you imply some could benefit from being out on their bikes more/at all, particularly sociably. Folks rubbing along, making their own free entertainment, nice souls leading rides for no reward at all and no ego polishing. Plus one to folks being helped out as well.

Top Bottom