A depressing weekend for English Sport...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Melvil

First the rugby and now Hamilton...ok, so his engine failed on him but he went completely nuts on the first lap after Alonso overtook him...such a shame, he must be completely gutted.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Mad, completely devastated. Although I'm pleased Raikkonen got it rather than Alonso. The tribulations McLaren fans have to put up with, first Raikkonen and now Hamilton...

marinyork

Best championship but not by much over 2003 I think. Great season for Lewis, but going on past form next years McLaren will be god-awful and their drivers will finish down the rankings before returning for a championship charge the year after.

wafflycat

Au contraire, mon ami. It was an excellent weekend.

Rugby team wasn't expected to make the final at all and after a 36-0 drubbing from SA in the opening, improved so much to get a much better score of 15-6 in the final. They made the final for heaven's sake and there's no shame or disappointment in that.

Hamilton, rookie F1 driver, comes equal second with last year's champion. That's damn fantastic!

Some people are just not satisfied! :rolleyes:

OP
OP
M

Melvil

wafflycat said:
Au contraire, mon ami. It was an excellent weekend.

Rugby team wasn't expected to make the final at all and after a 36-0 drubbing from SA in the opening, improved so much to get a much better score of 15-6 in the final. They made the final for heaven's sake and there's no shame or disappointment in that.

Hamilton, rookie F1 driver, comes equal second with last year's champion. That's damn fantastic!

Some people are just not satisfied! :rolleyes:

As Ayrton Senna once said 'coming second just means you're the first of the losers...' :rolleyes:

But I see your point!

marinyork

I care very much which team he goes to. I hope he leaves Formula 1 said with regret as I watched his career with interest since he was at Minardi. He managed to survive a stint with Fisichella and got the better of him, with hindsight I think much more should have been pondered on this point about what sort of personality the bloke was. Anyway I ramble, I hope he leaves.

Tetedelacourse

Can we extend it to a disappointing week for England? Ho ho ho!

Mind you may be a bit premature as I think Russia will fail to take 3 pts from Israel and still simply cannot believe Scotland will beat Italy in a must-win game.

But Russia beating England, SA beating England and Hamilton being pipped to the title, I'll take that! YESSSSSSSSS!

girofan

:smile: England did well to get to the Rugby final and were never going to beat SA. :rolleyes:
:biggrin: The football team lived up to my expectations. Lack of basic skills. Manager, the sort of tactical genius that would have done well for The Charge of the Light Brigade. :biggrin:
B) F1, who gives a flying F! about it. The Lord Mayor's Procession has more excitement! :sad:
And I'm just a miserable git!! :rolleyes:

Top Bottom