A dismantled chain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Do pay attention dear.
See my edit before your post darius. Great minds, or those of feeble pockets, think alike.

OP
OP
CharleyFarley

CharleyFarley

Not sure if the OP is serious.
But being boringly practical for a while, can anyone think of any uses for old chains, however much disassembled?
(a fair few uses for tubes of course)
I've wondered about it. I recycle stuff but unless the old chain it somehow bound up so it can't unfold, it would probably be a menace to recycling equipment if it got tangled up in a conveyor belt. I thought about using a piece to make a chain whip but I already have one. Maybe cut the chain in two and sell them to street thugs. :smile:

OP
OP
CharleyFarley

CharleyFarley

There is a piece missing
Actually, two! I late found two of the pins under my desk. Even so, the whole chain is not there in the picture. If you look closely, on the left you'll see two tiny black pieces of rings. Each pin, where it was swaged, had a tiny ring under it. They seem to be made of a very hard metal. As I punched each pin with the tool, the black ring ended up on the pushing rod. They built up and I had quite a job getting them off the tool.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
He didn't tell you it was in pieces? I do believe I would have been moderately irritated. :blink:

He said he needed to dismantle it a bit to get it into a box. It just arrived in a lot more pieces than expected. However, as I've decided to re-paint the frame it saved a bit of time.

Personally I'd have preferred almost intact so I could get a test-ride in first.

Top Bottom