A driver has been jailed for killing a cyclist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtwin

Super. 7.5 is long for that - stand by for a reduction on appeal. Out in 2 at the end of the day is my guess. Then driving without licence and insurance.

OP
OP
Jake

Jake

It always makes me laugh when judges ban people from driving who are banned anyway and don't have a license or insurance, Even better when they are 13years old and arent old enough to drive and they get banned for 3 years, which takes them upto 16, when they should not be driving anyhow

peanut

at last an avoidable death of a cyclist has been taken seriously .
It takes the driver to be over the limit and under the influence of drugs though.
Not sure I understand the charge of ' causing death by driving without insurance '. it is not gramatically correct surely?. It should read causing death whilst driving etc . Some bimbo typist I expect ;)

Bigtwin

I seem to recall that bans like that only bite when the person is old enough to drive, which would seem to be sensible.

Huge fines on parents/attachment to earnings orders might be a wee bit more effective.

OP
OP
Jake

Jake

ah that would make a bit of sense yes. Still, they prob wont get a liscence anyway.

U

User169

peanut said:
at last an avoidable death of a cyclist has been taken seriously .
It takes the driver to be over the limit and under the influence of drugs though.
Not sure I understand the charge of ' causing death by driving without insurance '. it is not gramatically correct surely?. It should read causing death whilst driving etc . Some bimbo typist I expect :biggrin:

Indeed - I'm not convinced that this will apply to an "otherwise law-abiding...blah, blah, blah".

Jim_Noir

That's not long really for what he did... scumbag

Top Bottom