A eye-watering reminder why you need bar end plugs.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
I'm sure the whole incident will stiffen his resolve.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
A jeweler friend said she didn't like titanium wedding rings because of the 'greater' risk to a finger. Erm, any metal ring will damage your finger !! I shudder when I see open bar ends.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
regarding rings: I went on a fairly serious first aid course years ago and there were a lot of very grim picture of "ring injuries". I'd never worn jewellery of any sort, and neither my father nor grandfathers had worn wedding rings, so eschewed a ring when I married, in part as a result of said pictures, but also a "wedding rings for blokes ? I'm not an American you know" sort of thing. Having married a second time, neither of us were fussed on rings, just as a "stuff and nonsense" kind of attitude. I still recall the picture. Whilst I don't work in engineering and am a shiny arsed IT consultant, I still do the odd job in the house and go caving and such, so no rings for me.

And back to the OP, whilst a freak accident, kinell, that is horrific and I hope the lad recovers.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Dont worry they recover fast at that age. It won't be long before he's back on his bike and pulling like a proper schoolboy.

Drago

Legendary Member
A jeweler friend said she didn't like titanium wedding rings because of the 'greater' risk to a finger. Erm, any metal ring will damage your finger !! I shudder when I see open bar ends.
I damaged my Ti wedding ring quite badly - they're not especially tough.

My new one is tungsten carbide, which is very tough indeed.

When I was a kid my mates Dad was working on his garage roof. As he jumped down his wedding ring, which would likely have been gold, caught and tore his finger off. I prefer to learn from other peoples mistakes rather than my own, so the moment I do anything physical or involving tools the ring comes off.

Top Bottom