A few questions on vintage road bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
I see what you mean . I saw one in a local auction a couple of years ago, it looked a bit scruffy and in vivid green colour, horrible graphics! I only bid half heartedly .
The aggravating thing about this frame was that it is in otherwise excellent condition. Hardly a mark on it. Ah well... its gone now. :sad:

Casper1978

Regular
Decided I'm going to go blue with ivory lugs and ivory boxes around the seat tube and down tube decals. I've bought a set of vinyl decals and have paint on the way. The frame should arrive tomorrow all being well :becool:

I've ordered a few bits off eBay to start the collection, some campag chorus hubs and brakes. Currently looking at friction shifters, ideally I'll avoid indexed shifters for some old school fun but I'm not sure what mech/freewheel to go for. Lots of investigation to be done as I would like a relatively wide gear range if possible :laugh:

Exciting times...

Hi , I am new member to cycle chat . Just like to say , I am now the proud owner of Ian may no 14 . The bike is testament to your skills and attention to detail. I picked it up from Duff yesterday , a fine gentleman , unfortunately arthritis is preventing him from enjoying it . The bike now resides in Aberdeenshire, I plan to get out on it in the coming days . It’s my first 531 bike since I raced in the late 1970s , looking forward to getting back on a steel bike 😜.

Attachments

• D49E28EC-ED1D-4917-A619-131EAA67F6F1.jpeg
    D49E28EC-ED1D-4917-A619-131EAA67F6F1.jpeg
    341 KB · Views: 2
Top Bottom