A Few Questions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

G_MAN

Before i start i just want to admit that these questions are going to sound stupid. I've only had my bike for a couple of weeks now (Bianchi 1885 B4P Veloce) although i've noticed the gear changes aren't as smooth as i would have expected them to be. What i mean by this is i can still hear constant clicking coming from the back wheel when selecting certain gears. Could this just be that i need to lubricate the gears?

Also, with regards to tyre pressures, it is printed on both wheels that they should be inflated to 120psi, however, they were no where near this pressure when i bought the bike and even now i can only inflate them to 100psi before the pump simply won't put any more air into them. I'm not sure how 'hard' the tyres should be and don't want to keep pumping air into them incase the pressure gauge on my pump is wrong and i end up bursting the tyre.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Hi G MAN

The clue is in the age of the bike, as it's pretty new, then it's likely that tha gear cables have stretched a tad with use and need adjusting, not a difficult task, but I'm not familiar with the adjustment available on Veloce. Somebody will be along to give instruction I'm sure or else check out the Park-Tools website or Sheldon Brown.

In terms of tyre pressures, I run about 115 psi in mine and get there using a track-pump (Joe-Blow Sport) with a guage. It's always worth experimenting with tyre pressures to find what works for you, harder is not always better unless the road surface is like a snooker table.

Not such daft questions!

Top Bottom