a few thoughts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
SamNichols

SamNichols

Sam's next thought:
How much can you tell about a person through the medium of the Sigg Bottle. There are several factors:
1) What colour is the sigg bottle? What does the colour choice say? If they're drinking out of a red one then it possibly means that they're drinking meths, but that's beside the point. Mine is blue.
2) What size is it? Is it a litre bottle, or a 750ml, or a 500ml one? Does the choice of size mean anything. mine is 1 litre, I think that means that I like to be prepared.
3) Is it chipped or dented, or is it well kept? Mine is chipped. A non-chipped one possibly means that it is new, or that the person is a poser.

It is my belief that rigorous scientific study needs to be done to build the new Nichols Sigg personality test. I can even sell it to Sigg for their marketing use. Microsoft still haven't bought my font personality test by the way.

Abitrary

Actually, the more I think about Russel Brand, the more I hate him.

The only thing I respect about him is his story of when his Dad took him to a brothel, and they had sex with respective whores in the same room.

And now you lot have some sort of perverse respect for him as well, and it eternally perpetuates

Melvil

Abitrary said:
Actually, the more I think about Russel Brand, the more I hate him.

The only thing I respect about him is his story of when his Dad took him to a brothel, and they had sex with respective whores in the same room.

And now you lot have some sort of perverse respect for him as well, and it eternally perpetuates

Just out of interest, who's your avatar?

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Melvil said:
Just out of interest, who's your avatar?
Why, it's Cousin Hans, of course! Don't you know nuffink?
Just for the record, I find Russell Brand laugh-out-loud funny on many occasions, which makes him OK in my book, but occasionally a bit annoying.

Arch

Married to Night Train
SamNichols said:
I did see that, and he didn't walk out of it well.

I enjoyed it! If only for "I think there should be democracy based on love and spiritualism, but I don't know who'd do the admin...."

I haven't seen him much, but he makes me laugh whenever I do. I think the first time I saw him, it was an end of the year quiz on C4 and he was teamed up that Noel chap from the Mighty Boosh, and it had me in stithces.

Heston Blummingnuisance I can put up with, but mostly he annoys me, over complicating stuff I manage to cook perfectly well to my own enjoyment without a CT scanner and a flask of liquid nitrogen.

longers

Legendary Member
Did anyone see Heston Emmenthal cooking chips a couple of years ago?

He started by burning some hay. Then put the burnt hay in a large bowl of water and used this water to soak the chips in. I can't remember what he did next but it certainly was a palaver and may or may not have been worth the effort as I recall.

TVC

Russell Brand - I could never make my mind up about him, sometimes sharp observations, sometimes an attention seeking t****r. Then it struck me that if you compare him to Jonathan Ross in the 1980s you see the same thing, someone with a talent that he hasn't yet matured into. Yeah I know Mr Ross is a marmite person himself but what ever your view you must acknowledge that he is in full command of his abilities and knows his craft.

Heston - a novelty act.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Whilst I find Heston Blumentwat irritating he is at least the first TV chef to try and add some science to the "Art" of cooking...funny when I work with food it's science and chefs it "art". Anyhow I digress, much of the stuff he shows whilst outrageous there is some meaning to it, for instance citing the example of the microphone and headphones to listen to yourself eating. Perception of food is a complex mix of multi-modal interactions of which sound plays a major part along with visual cues, aroma, viscous/textural effect, lubricity. Enhancing the sound of eating can have an effect on your perception of the foodstuff. Lot of research dollars going into understanding perception...Blumintwat is just showing a small part of the story that's fun and easy to do. He's a bit of a tart...but a damn good one.

To date I've found Russell Brand to be as annoying as a piece of dog-shoot on my shoe...bu not nearly as annoying as Chris Moyles...he is the full dog-shoot.

Fab Foodie said:
To date I've found Russell Brand to be as annoying as a piece of dog-shoot on my shoe...bu not nearly as annoying as Chris Moyles...he is the full dog-shoot.

Couldn't agree more - Brand has some redeeming features of at least being intelligent, though still as above. Moyles on the other hand has no redeeming features and is the epitomy of everything I find distasteful of our shallow media driven world.

That and I hate his piggy fat face!

OP
OP
SamNichols

SamNichols

If you like Russell Brand, which I know some of you don't, then try to catch his programme: Russell Brand On the Road, where he explores Jack Kerouac's On the Road, but also just generally faffs around in America. It's on the BBC's Iplayer at the moment, and will be on BBC2 early next year: very funny, but also enlightening. A particularly good moment is when a social worker starts yelling at him for giving money to crack addicts, which really does get his goat (given the fact that he used to be a heroin/crack addict himself).

1. I'm so glad that Bonj hates Russell Brand, I would have been upset if he liked him.

2. Telly is all just people showing off, so Brand fits in well.

3. The Kerouac program was brilliant, the arrogant idiot social worker in particular had me shouting at the telly.

4. I like both Heston and Russell and hate Marmite!!!

Tetedelacourse

I don't like Russell Brand. He's verbose, arrogant and verbosely arrogant. And his observations aren't very interesting or funny.

I don't dislike Heston Blumenthal but let's face it he is a bit ridiculous. Anyone who uses a vacuum cleaner to make Black Forest Gateau shouldn't really be taken seriously.

I agree though that he looks like Bunsen.

domtyler

Über Member
I'm with bonj on this one, RB is a narcissistic, irritating little boy. I would like to step on him and crush him.

Top Bottom