A Flaw with "going back to nature"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Surely, It's cars like that, that are partially responsible for the current appalling state of our roads.. :cycle:
Maybe, maybe not.
Due to the larger tyres fitted to such vehicles, the load per square inch on the road surface could quite possibly be lower than a smaller vehicle thus reducing wear on the road surface in comparison.
But that's a thread diversion. ;)

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Maybe, maybe not.
Due to the larger tyres fitted to such vehicles, the load per square inch on the road surface could quite possibly be lower than a smaller vehicle thus reducing wear on the road surface in comparison.

This thread was always going to be diverting :bicycle:

Drago

Legendary Member
Surely, It's cars like that, that are partially responsible for the current appalling state of our roads.. :cycle:
I forget the exact figure, but according to my BiL, who is, for his sins, a highways engineer, a fully laden LGV does in the order of 10,000 times the damage to the road surface as a car.

As promised, I slept the night in my XC90. Its chuffing cold, but that's the price to pay for immortality.

Did our stone aged ancestors have beer?
Yes they did. One site in Turkey shows massive partying with roast antelope and beer in the time period when agriculture was just starting (10-12,000 yrs ago), leading to the hypothesis that beer was the driving force behind agricultural grain production.

presta

Guru
Maybe, maybe not.
Road damage is proportional to the fourth power of the axle weight, not tyre size or pressure.

Top Bottom