A gas thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andym

Über Member
Proud2Push said:
Oh dear, I missed the other thread about gas cylinders so I 'm sorry if I've been boring and repetitive.

I didn't mean to suggest you were being either boring or repetitive.

Proud2Push

Thanks, but I suspect I probably am.

andrew_s

Legendary Member
andym said:
I suggested that on the other discussion about gas cylinders. andrew_s (who seems to know what he's talking about) suggested that it probably wasn't a good idea to use this with blow torch cylinders. I think this was because the gas cylinder would need to be on its side and so the gas wouldn't be properly mixed. (But I may have misunderstood).

The problem is that if you get liquid gas running down the hose, it will expand to vapour outside the jet and you'll get a big ball of flame.
It may possibly be OK once it's been running for long enough for the body of the stove to get hot, but I wouldn't want to risk it inside or close to a tent.

Many hose-connected stoves have the gas pipe running through the flame before it gets to the jet to ensure the gas is vapourised first. These are OK on liquid gas feed, but are typically the same weight as a light canister-top stove plus the Markill CV adaptor. Liquid feed is good in cold weather as you don't burn off the propane element of the mix first.

Top Bottom