A gentle pootle in Kent - Sunday 1st August

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yes - I'm with Adam re: the HS1 (disciple mode) but I sort of fancied the burn down to Kent - given that it will be a doddery old ramble once there! :biggrin:

i am in the process of securing a full days uninterrupted riding for this one with no pumpkin deadlines.

I was contemplating driving down to Ashford to be honest. I reckon the mileage would be too much for me. How many miles is it down to Ashford?

mistral

Guru
Aperitif said:
Yeh - as stated...about 200! :biggrin:

A P.S. Adam. Remember the rattling from somewhere on Fri/Sat? My bike.

On Saturday night I examined said beast and found that the Blackburn Mars 4 which I have fitted to the seatpost, is a poor fit in the click-in bracket.
Furthermore, there are three very small Phillips screws which hold the click-in piece of plastic in place. All of these were not fully tightened, leading to a resonance whereby the two pieces of plastic were making that damned noise! I was ready to strip the headset!

Morale: Remember to look before you lever.
Thank god for that, I was thinking of cancelling my plans for this coming Friday night after spending the last one with a severe attack of tinnitus!;)

martint235

Dog on a bike
topcat1 said:
Ticket bought :bicycle:, :smile: not as cheap as oxford

Are you on the HS1? It is cheaper (although takes longer) on the standard routes out of Charing Cross. I think with a HS1 ticket you get to go 1st class on the ordinary train, it works the other way anyhow.

:smile:

martint235

Dog on a bike
Ok I've looked into this more and given it's going to be early Sunday morning, straight down the A20 seems to be the best bet. Problem areas are Sidcup - M25/M20 junction and also if there's anything going on at Brands Hatch.

Top Bottom