A gentle pootle in Kent - Sunday 1st August

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Anybody exchanging phone numbers?

Nah - I think I'll keep my own thanks Dave! :smile:

Just got in from work and booked a StP HS1 Anytime return, so there is a real and current danger that I might be there!

09:40 is probably the latest to get to Ashford for the start. If I wake up in decent time I may ride it, which was my original intention but...

Dave / topcat - what train 4 u? NB there is a café downstairs from the departure runway...the flocking crowds will be a trial, I know. :rolleyes:

Obliged ot go out now for dinner and then fettle bikes. Weather forecast anyone? Humility index? ;)

DaveP

Nah - I think I'll keep my own thanks Dave! :smile:

Just got in from work and booked a StP HS1 Anytime return, so there is a real and current danger that I might be there!

09:40 is probably the latest to get to Ashford for the start. If I wake up in decent time I may ride it, which was my original intention but...

Dave / topcat - what train 4 u? NB there is a café downstairs from the departure runway...the flocking crowds will be a trial, I know. :rolleyes:

Obliged ot go out now for dinner and then fettle bikes. Weather forecast anyone? Humility index? ;)

:biggrin:. Wont be getting a train as I live outside New Romney so biking it to Ashford, so is the aim still for a 10:30 a.m. start from Ashford Station as per Adam's post?

martint235

Dog on a bike
Morning Mr P, you're up early. See you at 6.30

This from the 'wee lad' who nailed his first 100 miler today. Well done Clive - now you can go back to bed!

A gentle pootle in Kent was exactly that - thanks Adam.

Cheers Martin.

I am home and washed. 115 miles for me today. When we reached Ashford my legs were burning and I nearly bailed out. Glad I didnt.

Great ride Adam I really enjoyed that. Good to meet some more peeps as well as the regulars.

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
Yes welldone Adam, a very nice relaxed ride today and we had ice cream :tongue:

Clive got his first 100 miles today but he didn't half moan all day about his saddle.

We went on the Hi speed train today, very nice highly recommended.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
+ what all the others above have said. A very nice days cycling with good company, good food, good beer and an ice cream thrown in. I can forgive Clive for throwing a cup of tea over my bike as he had just completed his maiden century at last. Well done Clive.

4850509482_37584cd941_b.jpg

Myself , Clive and Martin Cycled down from Bromley to meet Adam and crew who had got the train down (pah!). Google Earth image of todays route to Ashford and the loop.

4849867825_58e12091ba_b.jpg

User10571 decided to leave his Van Nick at home and bring his posh bike instead.

4850509968_9e5dc038c3_b.jpg

A couple of new faces joined the throng today, Lukesdad and DaveP. Great to meet you guys. A very nice turnout today.
Myself, Martin235, Mista Preston, Aperiteef, Topcat1, Flying Dodo, Lukesdad, Redflightuk, DaveP, Mistral, User10571 & Pippa.

Top Bottom