A good Multi-Tool

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I've been eyeing up the Crank Brothers tool, but Mickle and Scilly Suffolk put forward good arguments to get something else.

It is pretty though:
crank-bros-gold-19tool-med.jpg

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
:biggrin: That's us 'practical' folk for you, no need to read the instructions

I like the Hexus II, I have three of them as I'm too lazy to move saddlepacks between bikes. I do have a Park tools chainsplitter as well but that stays in the garage. If I was going on a long tour it might come with me but for day to day riding I feel the Hexus, and some powerlinks with a bit of spare chain, are good enough.
I originally bought one for Calibanzwei for his birthday, then liked it so much i got myself one.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Cool Tool, bless.

Bless indeed. Kind of dates me doesn't it.

I wish a) they still made them and b) I'd bought one of the stainless ones and finally c) I'd bought a couple of spare pins for the chain splitter.

Great piece of kit from 'back in the day'. Very useful today on a fixed or hub geared bike.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I've been eyeing up the Crank Brothers tool, but Mickle and Scilly Suffolk put forward good arguments to get something else.

It is pretty though:
crank-bros-gold-19tool-med.jpg
If you want pretty, you want Lezyne.

OP
OP
iwchris

iwchris

Being able to repair a chain out in the field is essential, I have a mate that had a broken chain out in rural France, he had a 3 1/2 hour walk before he could get help, he always carries the essential kit now!!

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Are breaking chains common? I don't ever recall any chains breaking when I cycled (a lot) in my childhood. Are modern chains flimsier?

Top Bottom