A Grand Don't Come for Free

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lizban

Welcome (and a nice Streets referance in the title).

I have a spec tricross and love it. Currently borrowing a marin hybrid with flats, and am missing the drop bars on my spec.

andyfromotley

I had a grand, courtesy of cycle to work..... it got me one of these.

9CAAD9_105_comp_bbq.jpg

Mind you i have another 4 bikes in the garage. So for commuting i would go for something with mudguards, racks and panniers. Still Drop barred though. Choose and enjoy

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
You could go for a touring bike like the Galaxy or LHT.
A bit heavier but virtually indestructable.
XT hubs and mechs will see you through the winter grime and salt, strong wheels and a steel frame.
Multiple bottle fixings, take mudguards and a rack with no toe overlap to catch you out at lights.
It's all about keeping the bike on the road, day in, day out, and i don't think there's a better bike for the job than something that's been designed and specced to be ridden all day every day.

OP
OP
N

nikolai420

Thank you for all the tips and advice. just found out which shops i can get my new bike from. Cycle Surgery, Condor, Actions Bikes, On yer bike, Brixton cycles, S&S cycles so i have stacks of choice. I was quite hoping to get a Boardman Hybrid Performance Pro but i can't get one through the scheme. Specialized and Giant FCR look good. Think I'm stuck on the idea of a FB over drops. yes you can all say i told you so in 12 months when im posting for a Roadie.

Top Bottom