A great gift for dad...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

...those bloody adverts on TV this week are so bad! Fathers Day is approaching and advertisers think it is a licence to tell children that dad will really want all kinds of crap - no!

I do not want any compilation CDs of rubbish music I have never heard of, nor a DVD of motorsport crashes, nor a DVD of Ewan McGregor riding his motorbike, nor a book about cars, etc, etc

All I want is left in peace...:biggrin:;):sad:
(which is good as I will not be at home as I am away cycling)

jassy-x

...or a couple of beers and peace to watch the fitba'...

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

jassy-x said:
...or a couple of beers and peace to watch the fitba'...

Fair point. Left in peace AND a couple of beers...maybe even a couple o' pies or a bridie for half time :sad:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I'll be doing the L2b like usual.
I don't want any tat either... and as most of my family hate me most of the time, the day is likely to pass unnoticed.

Mothers day, Fathers day, Valentines day... It's all bollocks really from the bloody greetings card industry colluding with florists. Bugger-em!

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
jassy-x said:
....yeh, you can stick all the fancy words in a card......nothing say's it like beer and a pie!!!!
True, True.

Hang-on... what about beer and hairy pie?

second thoughts... beer and pie's just fine.

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

jassy-x said:
....yeh, you can stick all the fancy words in a card......nothing say's it like beer and a pie!!!!

And a beer and a pie will cost less than a card! :biggrin:

I'll suggest to Mrs Noodley that I am being pro-active in 'saving money' and she should dispense of a card in favour of a beer and pies...:biggrin::tongue::becool::sad:

Abitrary

What about Bat out of Hell by Meatloaf, digitally unmastered and remastered?

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

Abitrary said:
What about Bat out of Hell by Meatloaf, digitally unmastered and remastered?

Yep, I could always put my can of beer on it to save my table from being stained...

Top Bottom