A great Town ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Popped up to my LBS yesterday lunchtime, in a suit, not SPD shoes, perched on the clipless pedals, trying to stay at 5MPH (so as not to work up a sweat), no computer, letting the world "whizz" by.

Loved every minute of it.......took me back to my childhood

Funny, often when we dont "try" too hard, we get great results.B)

Arch

Married to Night Train
lovely, but... 5mph? You are kidding, surely you can go faster than that without breaking into a sweat? That's only just over walking pace!

Nipper

Nice one jonny. Sounds like all my cycling, but I'm with Arch, 5mph seems rather slow. I usually manage to average 10-12mph without breaking much of a sweat (and I am a fat boy).

neslon

Jonny is right. Its easy to go b***s out evry time without slowing down to appreciate the ride. Ny work colleague (who is essentially spherical) ha just got an electric assist bike to help him lose weight & I accompanied him on his ride home (10miles). To let him keep up, I was pedalling like a vicar and I thoroughly enjoyed it. So here's to eclesiastical cycling!

OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Nipper said:
Nice one jonny. Sounds like all my cycling, but I'm with Arch, 5mph seems rather slow. I usually manage to average 10-12mph without breaking much of a sweat (and I am a fat boy).

I did say "trying" :laugh:….. it was a major challenge, but ...for at least part of the ride...I succeeded...(My trousers were wrinkled all afternoon after tucking them in my socks in such a clumsy fashion)

neslon said:
Jonny is right. Its easy to go b***s out evry time without slowing down to appreciate the ride. Ny work colleague (who is essentially spherical) ha just got an electric assist bike to help him lose weight & I accompanied him on his ride home (10miles). To let him keep up, I was pedalling like a vicar and I thoroughly enjoyed it. So here's to eclesiastical cycling!

Smashing stuff...I think you may have coined a phrase there...I shall add that to my vocabulary for future reference:biggrin::biggrin:

Top Bottom