A Hampshire Bimble

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PpPete

Legendary Member
Just floating the idea at the moment...

Been looking through my diary and spotted a rare weekend with nothing in it YET. Thought I would try to fill it before anything else gets in the way.

Anyone out there be up for gentle-paced 60 miles (or so) around the quieter lanes of New Forest and the surrounding area?

If so, I will recce some tea-shoppes, and hostelries to string together into a suitably scenic route, starting and finishing close to a mainline railway station... or a suitable camp-site if people want to camp?

lukesdad

Its the weekend after Brecon but, I might be able to get away with it,I ll let you know nearer the time.

Norm

I can't see a date floated which, I guess, means it's in the strap-line which doesn't appear pm some browsers / skins.

For the mobile readers, any chance of someone who can see it putting it in the text of a post?

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I did the Gridiron randonee round the New Forest for the first time last year - it's lovely cycling country. I might be interested in this, depending on where I am at the time and what I'm doing.

Lordy. the gridiron I haven't done that in so many years. first time i ever rode any distance on road, and i rode it on a slick shod mtb. we latched on to a chain gang fro one of the hampshire clubs and spun like our live depended on it until we were told to go away, then one of my friends broke, it would have been 96 or 97 i think. we stayed in a caravan in the forest with our then wives/girlfriends (still got mine but the other three guys haven't) and got very easily drunk that night. happy days.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Well, it's a long way off but I could be up for some Hampshire action...

Will you be back from Leer and Frothing in Las Vegas?

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Hampshire Action!!! I'm in, well I say that but chances of me knowing this far in advance are vanishingly small, right at this moment it doesn't clash with anything I'm aware of....but I will consult with the oracle

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Yes, sounds like fun. Salisbury, Southampton & Brockenhurst all served by the same trains from Waterloo. First ones on a Sunday not until 7.54, but not too much of a problem for anyone.

OP
OP
PpPete

PpPete

Legendary Member
Well - evidently some interest, so I've put it on the calendar....

Makes quite a contrast to the events in Northern climes sheduled for the same day.
Don't worry numbnuts... this is definitely one for "southern softies"....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Top Bottom