A Home Security Question (sensible) opinions wanted.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Connect up an MP3 player with an aggressive dog growl recorded on it connected to a motion sensor outside... my uncle allowed his farm dogs [rejects from Police Dog training- usually alsatians] inside when he was out- you wouldn't think about breaking in past them when they started.

Drago

Legendary Member
Does it not activate when cats, dogs or foxes go past??
It would, but that doesn't seem to be a problem. Just so long as it activates when ne'er do wells go past then I'm happy.

tom73

Guru
It is BUT....I have a problem with the electrics to those lights. That will be rectified shortly.
You can get security lights that have alarm both outside and inside the house that alert you too.
Is the door up and over sort? If so you can fit a bollard the drop down sort. Anti burglar paint maybe an option. Or even just the warning notice may help ;)

lane

Veteran
I have an alarm and also a large secure front gate they need to get through first before they get to the garage door.

Drago

Legendary Member
Or in fact really possible or even if it is a guarantee of security.
It's not an ironclad guarantee, but its still a safe bet - every second house has a shotgun in these parts, and the odds of a warm welcome does seem to keep Johnny Lightfingers and his chums at bay.

classic33

Leg End Member
It would, but that doesn't seem to be a problem. Just so long as it activates when ne'er do wells go past then I'm happy.
Guardcam camera/light/dog.

Mains powered(battery backup for the camera) PIR activated light, with camera recording onto an SD card, with a recording of a "barking dog" or recorded message.

Top Bottom