a hundred quid for WHAT?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
The Micro one:
If they can't spell/grammar check, I ain't buyin'!

The Miro corkscrew is made for trips out of doors, perhaps at boat trip off Sicily’s Aeolian Islands.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
It's not expensive when you consider that you will always be able to get the spare parts for campag kit. And doesn't it look so much better with those concealed cables?

The Campag corkscrew has been available for several years.

It's really very simple, if you have to ask then you can't afford it.

Only the best is good enough for a £150 bottle of half decent wine!!

:blush::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

obviously I didn't mean it - I'd rather tap the neck of the bottle on the edge of the draining board ... if it didn't have a screw cap.

mickle said:
But when you actually pick one up and fondle it £100 starts to make sense.

talking of fondling things that cost; i've just brought an iMac, i have to say that it is the most tactile gadget i think i have had the priviage of touching:biggrin:

just got to work out how to use the dam thing;)

Windy

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
Dayvo said:
I normally drink wine straight from the box! :tongue::biggrin:

Amateur :blush::evil:

Just take the plastic bag out of the box, attach a drip, and voila - hands-free boozing :sad::biggrin::biggrin:

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
like so much about campag, nice design, but too much hype and over expensive.

and i bet the corkscrew i've got is a damn sight easier. not to mention that you can now get decent wine in screwcapped bottles.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
like so much about campag, nice design, but too much hype and over expensive.

and i bet the corkscrew i've got is a damn sight easier. not to mention that you can now get decent wine in screwcapped bottles.

SamNichols

You can get decent wine in screwcapped bottles, but it never feels right does it? For the first time in ages, I had to send a corked wine back on Tuesday, and you forget just how vulnerable as a closure system corking wine actually is. Approximately 5% of all wine is corked apparently.

The best cork screws are those new ones where you just push them up and down, no turning or anything.

SamNichols

You can get decent wine in screwcapped bottles, but it never feels right does it? For the first time in ages, I had to send a corked wine back on Tuesday, and you forget just how vulnerable as a closure system corking wine actually is. Approximately 5% of all wine is corked apparently.

The best cork screws are those new ones where you just push them up and down, no turning or anything.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
SamNichols said:

The best corck screws are those new ones where you just push them up and down, no turning or anyhthing.

I agree, it doesn't feel right but most experts now agree that it's best - although not for the Portuguese cork farmers ( the corksoakers!).
A lot of wines with real corks are not necessarily 'corked' but suffer from cork taint, I believe.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
SamNichols said:

The best corck screws are those new ones where you just push them up and down, no turning or anyhthing.

I agree, it doesn't feel right but most experts now agree that it's best - although not for the Portuguese cork farmers ( the corksoakers!).
A lot of wines with real corks are not necessarily 'corked' but suffer from cork taint, I believe.

Top Bottom