A kitten!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

young Ed

Veteran
here comes another tractor/farming story :tongue:

one of the farmers i work for has a couple of collies and one of them loves one particular tractor and you can let him out of his kennel to go for a run and he will leg it to this tractor and just sit there in the seat until the farmer has to almost drag him out! out in the 4x4 pickup truck yesterday with the dog in the cab so with only 2 seats in this vehicle and both me and the farmer in ther eh has to 'share' a seat with me whilst i restrain him from jumping out the window whenever he sees a fly and as soon as the farmer jumps out to open a gate he leaps over into the drivers seat

farmers planning on getting him to drive one of the tractors back to the farm from a field down the road :rolleyes:
Cheers Ed

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Implying that big dogs are naturally aggressive and allowed to be by their owners.

Try spending time with Great Danes, Wolfhounds, Deerhounds etc and their owners. It may help ease those misconceptions.

I know those dogs you've mentioned tend to be passive. I meant the aggressive ones that these banty roosters have by their side, such as Rottweilers and those Pitbull types. :smile:

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I've just ridden home and carefully eye-balled a driver who I thought might turn right across me. She didn't but,as I passed her, and she prepared to make her right turn, she reached up onto the dashboard to pick up the kitten that was wandering around there. Presumably she made the right turn one-handed holding the cat in the other.

It's no wonder drivers do strange things if they're busy trying to keep animals under control!

Reminds me of my ex-Mrs's cat. Despite being a tough old cat, he used to get very car sick, so rather than stick him in a cat basket, she'd left him lose in the car so he could look out the window eg see the horizon etc, and hopefully not get sick. OK for a bit then he wandered round the car, ending up under the pedals.

I know those dogs you've mentioned tend to be passive. I meant the aggressive ones that these banty roosters have by their side, such as Rottweilers and those Pitbull types. :smile:

Nowt aggressive about a rottie, or a staffie;we've had 2 rotties that were absolute softies. However, if you have an owner of lower intelligence who doesn't understand dog psychology and the type of training this sort of dog needs then yes, they can be aggressive. That's more the fault of the owner and not the dog though, and is applicable to absolutely every breed. Unfortunately, today's chav culture and a lot of bad press from the media has labelled these kind of dogs as a danger across the board which is a terrible shame, evident if you ever take a walk round a rehoming center where a good 50%, if not more, are staffie types.

Berties

Fast and careful!
A colleague of mine has a young and a old golden retriever ,they sit on the back seat of his sky blue convertible BMW m3,looks most bizarre ,I must get a picture of them, they prefer it to the cage that is in that back of his wife's car

Top Bottom