A Leap Of Faith Or.................

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AyJay

Über Member
A calculated risk? I have read a lot of reviews and comments etc about these both on this site and several others. General opinion appears to be "good price, good spec but a bit unknown"

This info is from a little while ago and since then all has gone quiet. I saw on advertised not too far away from me and curiosity got the better of me. The original list price looked a good deal but to see a used one that had done very few miles with an even better price was too much for me to resist.

What is it you ask. I must go gently as it stirred up a lot of emotion before. A Ventura CP50. Had a short test run today to get the feel of it and do the usual adjustments to get comfortable. Checked it over mechanically and all is good. (Photo to follow)

Drago

Legendary Member
If it feels good under your butt as you're riding it, then you're 99% there.

OP
OP
AyJay

AyJay

Über Member
IMG_20180704_143436.jpg

OP
OP
AyJay

AyJay

Über Member
Carbon frame and forks so is light and rides very well. Early days but quite impressed at the moment. It's good to have something away from the main stream.

Slick

Guru
Carbon frame and forks so is light and rides very well. Early days but quite impressed at the moment. It's good to have something away from the main stream.
Everybody wants something a bit different. I think it looks a beaut, enjoy.:thumbsup:

AndyRM

XOXO
@Justinslow has/had one and from what I remember seemed very happy with it. Think he is still knocking around the forum.

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
Hi, sorry not been on here for a bit but check in from time to time!
Yes still got mine
5EFACD5E-B4CD-4156-8C18-C44813FCB857.jpeg

I started a thread back in 2014 I think on here about them, you’ve probably seen it https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/ventura-cp-50-argos.162736/
My one has been great, done several thousand miles on it, several centuries including Ride London, raced TT’s on it, (and won the novice points class) and use it as a winter bike!

It’s had a few upgrades- groupset being the main one, to full 105 all be it the older 10 speed set up. Also put a shorter stem on and an inline seat post both to try to get the fit better as it was a bit “stretched out”. Had lighter wheels on but it’s got the R501’s back on as it’s my winter ride now with the Crud roadracer 2 mud guards.
The headset became quite rough and notchy after a while so I took it out a couple of times so I could clean and regrease but eventually I replaced it, it was rusty and pitted.
Like you I liked the fact you don’t see many of them about and it didn’t cost the earth and if youve got the legs it will do anything any other “better” bike will do!

Last edited:
OP
OP
AyJay

AyJay

Über Member
Hi Justinslow :hello: Good to hear from you that you still have your Ventura. It still looks good. I am encouraged by your posts. :okay:

I am loving my latest purchase. Have done several miles now and it hasn't missed a beat. Everything is standard as really from what I can see it has had very little use. Still got white handlebar tape but not sure for how long! All in all a good buy.

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
Yeah @AyJay i didn’t change much for a while, didn’t need to, even found the saddle reasonably comfortable!
The group set change was mainly cosmetic to lose the cables out front and hide them under the tape and to lose a bit of weight by losing the square taper crankset and BB. The Sora was fine, worked well, but sometimes you get the itch to start changing stuff!
I’m glad you like your bike!

Top Bottom