A light frosting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
I manage to acquire a fine frosting all over this morning in the freezing fog on my commute - very amusing. I started to drip all over the place as I defrosted on the walk through the building to the changing rooms ;)

Have to say, though, that seeing the tiny ice crystals in the air caught in your light beams when you're at a stop is simply stunning. Like air full of glitter !

I love catching sights like that - cycling really does let you notice things that you just don't in a car.

All I have here are roads greasy with salt-rime and those nasty damp patches which wait right on your line through corners, waiting to see if you haven't looked far enough ahead!

OP
OP
goo_mason

goo_mason

Indeed - one of those little marvels of nature that I've lived almost 40 years without ever seeing before.

Here's to cycling for opening our eyes to the wonders of the world.

goo_mason said:
Indeed - one of those little marvels of nature that I've lived almost 40 years without ever seeing before.

Here's to cycling for opening our eyes to the wonders of the world.

You almost sound like you are ready to burst into song there goo! ;)

OP
OP
goo_mason

goo_mason

Traaa-la-laaaa
Deeee-da-deeeee.... :smile:

Nah. I let others do the singing; like Billy, I have a singing voice like a goose farting in the fog ;)

Plax

Guru
goo_mason said:
I manage to acquire a fine frosting all over this morning in the freezing fog on my commute - very amusing. I started to drip all over the place as I defrosted on the walk through the building to the changing rooms :biggrin:

Have to say, though, that seeing the tiny ice crystals in the air caught in your light beams when you're at a stop is simply stunning. Like air full of glitter !

Aye, it was a bit chilly this morning. Funnily enough as I was cycling into work this morning, marvelling at all the frost and trying to concentrate on anything other than my frozen face, I thought of you! ;)

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Very cold in South Manchester today - Weds - even another cyclist commented.... I was as warm as toast, but you could feel the cold on my nose/mouth area (the only exposed flesh).

Thick fog and pitch black roads are the best fun....

Plax said:
Aye, it was a bit chilly this morning. Funnily enough as I was cycling into work this morning, marvelling at all the frost and trying to concentrate on anything other than my frozen face, I thought of you! :biggrin:

Oh aye! Goo, seems you have got an admirer now. Fantasising about you whilst riding her bike.

I suppose with your podcast you are used to groupies....:biggrin:

OP
OP
goo_mason

goo_mason

;):blush::smile:

It's just nice that there are people out there that think about me :blush:

Yes, as an international podcasting superstar I have groupies turning up at the door all the time.... (I wish). I do have female friends across the world now because of the podcast, and have met a few of them when they've been in the UK on holiday. I have also been referred to as 'the sexiest man in Scotland' by a female relation of Robert Plant :biggrin:

That was before she saw a photo of me, right enough. I have the perfect face for podcasting !

Tetedelacourse

On a similar note, after that Audi nearly knocked me off last Friday and I went into an instant rage, I suddenly got an image of Tynan's smug face "cheersing" a can of Carling at me!

Tynan

Veteran
wha?

carling?

smug?

wha?

edit, I see, Carling was the only cold beer available over the counter and that's a happy face not a smug one

Tetedelacourse

you were more smug than happy in my mind's eye. But you look happy in that pic, agreed. It's a nice contrast to your fierce posting style.

Plax

Guru
magnatom said:
Oh aye! Goo, seems you have got an admirer now. Fantasising about you whilst riding her bike.

I suppose with your podcast you are used to groupies....:smile:

He, he! Well, I can't help it, I shall forever associate ice and bicycle riding with Goo. His story has left a lasting impression in my mind ;).

PS just listened to podcast show 124. Nice voice!

OP
OP
goo_mason

goo_mason

Plax said:
He, he! Well, I can't help it, I shall forever associate ice and bicycle riding with Goo. His story has left a lasting impression in my mind ;).

PS just listened to podcast show 124. Nice voice!

Thanks ! Funnily enough there's two songs from The Disciples of Spess in that show, and they're from North Wales ! Coincidences, eh ?

Top Bottom