A little birdy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
The dammed cat has caught a little chick . Its survived and i have it in a make shift nest .
what now ?

stephec

Legendary Member
Don't vets take in wildlife and pass it on to sanctuaries?

That's what I did with a hedgehog I found in daylight in the middle of our road.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
The dammed cat has caught a little chick . Its survived and i have it in a make shift nest .
what now ?
It almost certainly won't survive. Shock normally causes them major problems.
If my JR ever catches anything like that, I just let nature take its course. She had three mice and a pigeon last week.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Watch it die im affraid..unless its a fledgling,it may have a chance but it will need the right food.

Dont give it milk and bread..

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
[QUOTE 4874137, member: 9609"]buy a bell for cats neck[/QUOTE]
Our cats loose their collars and bells faster than we can replace them :sad:

Bells are useless anyways - a cat can move stealthily enough so that the bell won't make a noise.

I just let my cats be cats. In the last couple of weeks or so, I have been gifted with two pheasants and five rabbits along with the usual assortment of mice, voles and shrews. Poppy doesn't eat what she catches, but Lexi is rather partial to snacks-on-legs.

MikeG

Guru
275 million animals killed per year by cats in the UK, according to the RSPB, including 55 million birds. They are far and away the biggest carnivore in the country in terms of numbers killed.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
[QUOTE 4875482, member: 9609"]And some wonder why wildlife is in such massive decline. Cats are far from the only problem but they do put a completely unnecessary pressure on wildlife[/QUOTE]

I read somewhere that cats exists at a population density about 7x greater than would naturally occur in the wild. So, as you say, they put huge pressure on wildlife

It's disappointing when cat owners refuse to put a bell on their cat. At a practical level, it's the only thing an owner can do to help reduce its impact on wildlife other than keep the cat indoors

Top Bottom