A little off the beaten path ... Hello from Ottawa, Canada ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trail Child

I have been lurking for a couple of weeks now and finally took the plunge to sign up.

I started biking last April when a foot injury stopped me from trail running and I was going crazy from lack of cardio. I wasn't sure how much I would enjoy cycling, so I ended up buying a urban/city bike made from a Canadian company here, an Opus Classico. I got totally sucked into cycling, especially since I'm better at cycling than I was at trail running. I'm presently shopping for a nice road bike and have bought a spin bike for the home gym since winter here in Ottawa might not allow for winter riding very much (-30C winters might not make a pleasant ride).

I'm a pretty active person, riding about 150 km a week, still running a bit and love hiking. My hobbies outside of that are knitting, reading and my three Labrador retrievers.

I hope to learn from all of you!

Peteaud

Veteran
:welcome:

Canada is on my to do list

Fubar

Guru
I have been lurking for a couple of weeks now and finally took the plunge to sign up.

I started biking last April when a foot injury stopped me from trail running and I was going crazy from lack of cardio. I wasn't sure how much I would enjoy cycling, so I ended up buying a urban/city bike made from a Canadian company here, an Opus Classico. I got totally sucked into cycling, especially since I'm better at cycling than I was at trail running. I'm presently shopping for a nice road bike and have bought a spin bike for the home gym since winter here in Ottawa might not allow for winter riding very much (-30C winters might not make a pleasant ride).

I'm a pretty active person, riding about 150 km a week, still running a bit and love hiking. My hobbies outside of that are knitting, reading and my three Labrador retrievers.

I hope to learn from all of you!

Hi and :welcome: to the forum Trail Child. Regards, Mark

Alan F

Regular
Hi and :welcome: I'm a regular visitor to Killington VT my brother has a house there, not a million miles from you, some great cycling ( in the summer months of course).

ayceejay

Guru
Welcome: now is a good time to buy a bike as most stores have end of season bargains. I don't know the Ottawa shops but Bicyclettes de Hull is worth a look, they have a web site. I know Montreal and I can direct you better there. I think you should be looking at spending around $2000.00 and the time is right to buy a really decent steel or aluminium rather than an entry level carbon but if you want carbon have a look at the Willier Izoard. that is around that price.

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
Welcome :cheers:

Top Bottom