A little tip!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DWiggy

Über Member
Just a little tip but you probably all know this!

In the rain without a front mug guard your feet get soaked even with overshoes on (I only have a rear guard fitted), I've discovered this little cheap trick that keep my feet absolutely dry even when my over shoes are sopping wet and thought I'd share! obviously fitting a front guard would be just a good but I don't have a spare £30+ for the raceblades just yet.

Here it is, just lay (don't stretch) a piece of cling film over the top of your shoe covering the front, top and part of the ankle then put on your overshoe this will hold it in place, there your done!
My feet never overheat and feel absolutely fine, and more importantly my shoes stay nice and dry!

Tip: Keep using the same cling film, it works even better once the static has completely discharged from them.

Koga

Good tip, I use cling film to water proof my lights, especially the one suffering from direct spray
WP_000353.jpg
:

Cupra

I thought most lights were waterproof then I had loads of switch problems after a heavy rain once. I will be using the cling film now.

D

Deleted member 1258

I have a front 'guard but it still flicks a little up for some reason. I think its just the depth of the puddles here. :huh:

Just fit a mudflap, I've just put a new one on my fixed, blue peter job, made from part of an old washing up bottle.

PoliceMadAd

I've decided to start using my football astroturf trainers when I'm cycling, as they're made of a plasticy type material, so water runs off and easy to wipe mud etc off

Top Bottom