A long shot, but...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alan Whicker

... if anyone knows the cyclist who was wobbling all over Mile End Road (near the junction of Cambridge Heath Road) this evening - with a double bass on his back. It might be an idea to tell him that riding without lights in the dark is just daft, especially if you decide to turn right without looking or indicating. He was almost hit by at least two cars and a National Express coach - and by me on my scooter.:biggrin:

neslon

Last new year I was driving though Cairo on a road that was marked 3 lane but hadanywhere from 2-5 lanes of constantly lane switching traffic. Imagine my surprise when towards me, through the melee, came a bloke on a bike riding the wrong way through the traffic, using a mobile phone WITH A STEP LADDER ON HIS HEAD!
Strangely, and satisfyingly, no-one beeped at him.

Tynan

Veteran
my route this evening, didn't see him but I saw plenty of riders with no lights or a rear light so tiny and/or dim you wondered what they thought the use to be, it makes me cringe, it really does

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
I commuted that way too this evening - didn't see him - some people are just oblivious aren't they? Hope he doesn't learn the hard way.

yenrod

neslon said:
Last new year I was driving though Cairo on a road that was marked 3 lane but hadanywhere from 2-5 lanes of constantly lane switching traffic. Imagine my surprise when towards me, through the melee, came a bloke on a bike riding the wrong way through the traffic, using a mobile phone WITH A STEP LADDER ON HIS HEAD!
Strangely, and satisfyingly, no-one beeped at him.

You've gotta be having a laff !

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Sounds like bull fiddle to me!! :sad:

Bman

Guru
I've taken to shouting "LIGHTS" at these ninjas. They will probably ignore it, but it makes me feel better :sad:

Now the light is failing much earlier in the evening, it just seems that 80% of all the cyclists I see are ninjas.

al78

Guru
BentMikey said:
You saw them, what's the problem?

It's illegal and dangerous, that's the problem.

Would it be OK for a motorist to cut up a cyclist then turn round and say "you stopped, what's the problem"?

Bman

Guru
I make a reasonable effort making sure I have fully charged batteries and wearing hi-vis when I'm cycling at night. It annoys me that these people endanger me and other members of the public by being lazy.

That and the "close encounter" I had a couple of weeks back that made me grab two handfuls of brake to prevent hitting a ninja darting across my path.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
It's certainly illegal, but it doesn't warrant all the frothing at the mouth reactions. It's not dangerous though. I wouldn't ride with no lights, mind.

Top Bottom