A Moulton Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Fossala. You obviously know a lot about them. If you were going to buy a model. Which one would it be?

With regards to luggage. There are many bike packing bags that will fit on the seatpost. I use a Bridge Street bag which is waterproof and very solid.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
The TSR line looks superficially similar to the AM series but the frames are quite different: the outer tubes on a TSR are "hairpins" that wrap around the head tube and seat tube, while the infill zig-zags are rods, not tubes. As these very thin rods would not be much use in compression, I don't believe it's a real spaceframe and the extra width of the hairpins (due to the wrap around) makes the infill pieces fairly redundant anyway, as far as stiffness is concerned.

The AM frame is more likely to be a spaceframe as the infill tubes could take a reasonable amount of compression without Euler buckling, so the frame sections can act as a truss to resist lateral forces.

Both frame designs work fine but the TSR's is probably made that way to look like an AM rather than for any good engineering reason.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I saw this in Bromton Junction, Hamburg on Friday.
IMG_20181109_121701.jpg

Top Bottom