A much longer commute than usual...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
10 miles to work (one broken spoke). Bike put in van to Peebles, me in a work car to Peebles.

78 miles Peebles to Kinross in support of our Chief Exec, our Director of Partnerships & Distribution, and one of the guys who runs our gym. They're riding LEJOG with the Moneyspinners charity, and asked for cyclists from work to join them for the day for support.

8 miles Kinross to Cowdenbeath at the end to get the train to Edinburgh.

1.9 miles back home from the station.

97.9 miles - 47.9 miles longer than I've ever done in one day before, and I feel great. :blush: Finished in the first group in three of the four sections we rode it in; the other was about 10th last after puncturing 2 miles out after the first stop, and being passed by the whole field as my repair didn't hold and I ended up having to put a new tube in the rear wheel.

I've never ridden (and overtaken) so many financial industry bigwigs in my entire life. "You daytripper b@stard!!!!" is not what you'd expect to hear from the mouths of so many highly-paid people :biggrin: Mind you, the kit & bikes on display today are not something I'm likely to see again in one place for quite some time, unless I was in a very high-class bike shop...

Hats off to them - they're doing the whole thing in 10 back-to-back days, and I don't think some of them have been riding bikes for too long either. Very, very brave people.

Now, I'm off to complain to CRC about my RS20 rear losing a spoke with an almighty bang at 5.20am this morning. I had to ride the whole day with the rear brake pretty much disconnected and a massive wobble!!

garrilla

Well done Goo.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Erm..they had a go at you...I'd have said..you 'once in a life git........' CUT....

They have a go at you supporting their fat asses....

Anyone can buy Ferrari, just like you can a Ducatti, just like you can a Pinarello Dogma...but with a bike, a kid on a BMX might just kick the exec's ass on the Dogma with just a BMX... :bicycle: the engine is the heart, lungs and legs, not an engine.............:cheers:

Oh..I'd not be happy...............:biggrin:

Top Bottom