A much needed kick up the backside please!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

speccy1

Please help guys!

I`ve had a bad back for the last 3 weeks (my own stupid fault, but we won`t go there!), it`s now only just starting to get better, but I`ve lost the cycling bug completely................:thumbsdown:

Prior to this, I was clocking up 300 miles/week and was in good shape, but after 3 weeks of doing nothing and eating crap, I feel in no rush to get back to it.

I MISS MY BIKES PLEASE KICK ME UP THE REAR END PEOPLES:bicycle::laugh:

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
GET BACK ON THAT BIKE SOLDIER, YOU LAZY COMFORT EATING MAGGOT, DO YOU WANT TO BE A DRAIN ON THE NHS RESOURCES AND PUT YOUR FAT DIABETIC OLD BEFORE ITS TIME BODY IN THE HANDS OF A PRIVATISED HEALTH SERVICE? HOW ARE YOU GOING TO PAY FOR THAT, BY SELLING YOUR HOUSE AND BIKES AND ONE REMAINING GOOD KIDNEY, THATS HOW!!!

BIKE TOMORROW OR ELSE,

oh and

Your bike loves and misses you, stop hurting it like this.

;)

screenman

Legendary Member
Well for one thing stop thinking that anything less than a 60 mile ride is not worth getting changed for. Make a target and stick to it, something like 10 a day in July. You will be suprised how well this works, and often those 10 mile rides will end up a bit more.

I often do not enjoy the feeling out of a bike ride, but I certainly always enjoy the felling I get afterwards.

vickster

Legendary Member
Just cycle for the enjoyment of it, make the most of the good weather. Take it easy with the bad back, see how it feels on the bike. Don't think of it as training, unless you are an aspiring pro

If you don't fancy cycling, go for a walk or a swim

OP
OP
speccy1

speccy1

I asked for that:laugh:

I think I`ll drag myself out and ride to work tomorrow, a round trip of 42 miles, might be all it takes to flip the switch..................

Andrew_P

In between here and there
You just need to remind your body what endorphins feel like, two commutes should do it nicely

Top Bottom