A nice cuppa

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Do the tea drinkers on here have a favourite brand?

This important matter was raised by my purchase yesterday of a box of Yorkshire Tea.

I'd been meaning to try some for a while, and the recent reporting of a twatter story inspired me to do so.

My usual brand is standard Tetley in the round bags.

Most of the fine differences in blends would probably be lost on me, but the Yorkshire Tea is a little more astringent.

I shall finish the box, but marginally prefer Tetley of the two.

While selecting the Yorkshire Tea I noticed there were several others at a slightly higher price, but still blends aimed at breakfast or general drinking.

So apart from special varieties, is there much to choose between the various blends on offer?

Rocky

Hello decadence
The Prof got me these from her recent trip to the highlands

91239C6E-1D85-4C1C-B63C-547BCF16BE89.jpeg

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I'm a PG Tips man myself at home.
In the office we have Sainsbury's red label and it's not bad.

Can't be doing with that Yorkshire Tea gunk.. when I go down to my partners mothers house we take our own tea bags :laugh:

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I haven't drunk much black tea in the past, but now I'm on a Keto diet I do drink normal tea with no milk or sugar. I do prefer PG tips, but I also dirnk Roibos tea (which is lighter and caffeine free).

Edit: I've also tried supermarket own brand and find them all not very nice

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I'm a coffee drinker myself but my wife drinks gallons of tea, she recently got this stuff from Aldi to try;

after forever as a Tetley or PG Tips drinker, says it's more than acceptable so is sticking to it and saving a couple of bob.

Levo-Lon

Guru
I don't use milk in any tea or coffee

Coop red label ,only one the wife will have so we have that.
Though I like most breakfast tea..
I'm not that fond of PG.

My go to atm is infusion teas.
No caffeine and very refreshing

Yorkshire tea bags these past few years. New kid on the block (for me) is Thompson's original blend bags, also sold as Punjana. Both of these give a proper, strong cuppa.
Loose leaf - a local brand called Raming black tea, grown around Chiang Mai area. A diffuser pot is used - nice, strong and smooth.
Yet to try Barry's tea - big in Ireland and said to be a good brew.

OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Make the most of Yorkshire tea while you can. It's grown on the Pennines and picked by cheap Eastern European labour. There will be a severe shortage after Brexit.

Looks to me as if it's made by Indians - as the Duke of Edinburgh once said.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
For some reason the teas they bring from the UK are quite expensive compared to other food products. I'm using PG now but you can get get most of the other brands. The popular brand here is Lipton's Yellow Label which is a 'lighter' tea and rather good. Is it available in the UK?

Top Bottom