A nice cuppa

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
At one time the cheap shops had stock of an inferior Nescafe instant coffee.

It looked the same, both the package and the granules, but there was no doubt it didn't taste as nice as the jars from the mainstream supermarkets.

Or possibly it just tasted different.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
It takes some guts to admit that you're on a keto diet on here. How come you aren't getting any sh1t from the Knights?
I don't know who the Kinights are? The diet is working very well for me so that's all I'm worried about!

Nibor

Bewildered
Yorkshire tea.

When my sisters visit from the Midlands they always comment on how nice my tea is. The main reason is actually the fact that the tap water here is much nicer than the water down there. The other reasons are that I pre-warm the mugs and leave the teabags in for 5 minutes so the tea can brew properly.

They sometimes buy Yorkshire tea but then rush their brews and use that foul tap water so the results are not very pleasant.
Good tea can't be rushed I always steep my teabag for about 5 minutes

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
PG Tips. We have Yorkshire at work - the person with the Macro card gets to choose :smile: - it's ok but I prefer the PG Tips.

My mum was a long time fan of Ringtons & got it delivered but I'm not keen on it.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
PG. Yorkshire is just about acceptable if the PG is sold out.
PG Tips. We have Yorkshire at work - the person with the Macro card gets to choose :smile: - it's ok but I prefer the PG Tips.
I'll be needing to buy tea in the next couple of weeks and I was going to buy Yorkshire as usual, but I will give PG Tips a trial. I'll buy a small box and post a review below in about a month's time. :okay:

I will be surprised if I like it more than YT because I like that a lot. If it tastes about the same I'll compare the prices.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I suspect it's that they charge less for it lol
It was the same price per teabag, but the packets were smaller.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Twinnings Earl Grey, allowed to stand for at least 5 minutes.
We have a packet of PG tips my Mum drinks when she come to stay with us, which I refer to as builders tea, entirely because of the reaction of various workmen we have engaged on our house when offered or they have tried, my Earl Grey.

Kryton521

Über Member
PG Tips, loose leaf, brewed properly in a diffuser tea pot.

And incidently, you need to check what your tea bags are made with. Only PG Tips, [as far as I'm aware] don't use plastic in the making of theirs.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
PG Tips, loose leaf, brewed properly in a diffuser tea pot.

And incidently, you need to check what your tea bags are made with. Only PG Tips, [as far as I'm aware] don't use plastic in the making of theirs.
Last I heard PG Tips bags still do contain plastic. I believe Yorkshire tried plastic free for a while but the bags kept bursting.

Some of the smaller brands, possibly Clipper? have gone plastic free.

I do worry about the plastic in my tea bags, but compared to some of the heedless plastic consumption that goes on I think my impact is minimal.

Mostly PG tips, weak black no sugar thanks.
Sometimes my homestay students bring fancy oriental teas, Japanese Sencha, Chinese Pu-er, even Laoation black tea.

Slick

Guru
I never thought I'd see the day but after advice from a doctor, I went on the green tea and whilst it took a while to get used to after the black tar on offer on most of the north sea oil rigs, I really prefer it now and always take a box on holiday with me.

Top Bottom