A nice gesture or poisoned trap?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ingenuitylee

I got in this morning to find 2 bananas hung on my D lock in the bike shed. I am unsure whether it is a nice gesture:laugh: or some kind of poisoned trapxx(, is this how they hunt cyclists in Manchester? With baited bananas, I would imagine it's quite effective.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
ingenuitylee said:
I got in this morning to find 2 bananas hung on my D lock in the bike shed. I am unsure whether it is a nice gesture:laugh: or some kind of poisoned trapxx(, is this how they hunt cyclists in Manchester? With baited bananas, I would imagine it's quite effective.

Was there a cage hanging above them, with string attached to the bananas?

Personally I never take any food off strangers in town (freebies all over the place ranging from smoothies, sweets, drinks right through to Pizza)

You never know what is in that stuff, or how its been treated "en-route"

It's how they suck you in, you know. They give the stuff away for free, and when you're hooked they start charging for it. Before long you'll be begging them to let you have a piece of chocolate on credit until payday, you'll be rifling through your wife's purse looking for change to buy muffins, you'll be pawning the jewellery to buy flapjack.

Just say no.

OP
OP
ingenuitylee

ingenuitylee

I didn't see a cage. ;)

I think your right though, no matter how right the love food hate waste campaign I can't bring myself to eat them. We have a work experience lad in the office this week, I could give him one and see if anything bad happens. He's young so I would imagine he'd bounce back pretty quickly.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Are you attractive and single? Is there a woman in the office who smiles at you every day? And who always has an excuse for a quick chat, or just a "hello"? Who might think that you need a bit of an energy boost after your cycle in?

If so, you could be in luck!!

numbnuts

Legendary Member
...or maybe someone thinks you should put them in your shorts to make you look a bit bigger ;)

mr Mag00

rising member
damn u numbnuts i was just egtting there with my reply lol

HobbesChoice

Sounds to me like a possible fan? Food being the apparent way to a man's heart after all?

Or someone where you work thinks you're as hairy as a monkey and want to encourage you to shave! ;)

Make it look like you've had the bananas and see what tomorrow brings. Yesterday someone on here was treated to an egg so you just never know! :smile:

manalog

Über Member
Could be that someone is training a Monkey to ride and they left the bananas behind. At least they didn't chuck the Banana at you!;)

Brains

Legendary Member
or maybe the guy on the next door bike hung them there whilst he locked up and is now wondering where he put his bananas

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
ingenuitylee said:
I didn't see a cage. :biggrin:

I think your right though, no matter how right the love food hate waste campaign I can't bring myself to eat them. We have a work experience lad in the office this week, I could give him one and see if anything bad happens. He's young so I would imagine he'd bounce back pretty quickly.

:biggrin:......Your own personal food tester!

Top Bottom