A nice gift for the nurses?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
[QUOTE 4618590, member: 45"]They stick in your teeth. And I like that.[/QUOTE]
What.. the stuff the dog hates?

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
A few weeks after my eye op in September, I dropped a big box of 'Celebrations' into the ward as a small appreciation of their skills.
With all the patients they see, I doubt I was memorable as an individual to them, but the difference they made to my life was immeasurable.

Last edited:

subaqua

What’s the point
I bought 6 thermos mugs and a catering size box of tea bags ( PG not that vile tetley) . Put it on a tray and delivered it with a letter thanking them for my care and hoping that by having a thermos mug they would have a hot tea when getting back from dealing with patients.
That was on the admissions ward after arriving at A&E in just my pants in February 97 when -4 outside as the lump on my neck ( which had malignant cells discovered at biopsy after it was removed ) had gone a bit past just broad spectrum antibiotics .....

I was awake for a long time and noticed whenever a brew was made a patient would always need attention !

mark st1

Plastic Manc
Always the case, people say they were in last week/last month/last year, & think they'll be remembered
As stated by the above figures, they've got to stand out in some way, or be a 'regular' (we had one with 500+ attendances)

I dropped in a tub of Roses to the lovely nurses who looked after me and they all addressed me by name with hugs and warm smiles. After my third penis reduction in a year though i was probably becoming quite a regular.

A set of new uniforms?
sexy-nurse-costume-pink-white-mini-dress-nurses-uniform-adult-theatre-costumes_21533799.jpe
The last thing nurses need where I work, is anything more to eat.
You need to come to us, Mark, we have very few, who are like yours, but are like the picture

We'll have a few more, as I left at 17:00, I had a quick look at a recent (by booking in time) patient, & the front-sheet, had a number of 99,628 (or something around that mark!!
That's from 00:00.01 January 1st 2016
By the bells tonight, I'll expect it to be around 99,850 (I don't think we'll quite break 100,000 patients)
And, that's not for the Hospital, that's just our A&E unit
I had a look this morning, & saw cards, from about 23:40, that had 99,780

Top Bottom